Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-08-2009, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It looks good except they should have taped off the hoses so they didn't get painted white. It looks like Bobcat white is what they used.
M-istake
A-merica

Buck Ofama

2002 Chevy 3500 D/A
2008 Takeuchi TL130
2008 18' Cam Superline Overdeck Trailer
Old 06-08-2009, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
interesting wonder where that came from...
................and why the local authorities are involved????
Old 06-08-2009, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
I've been in a few Deeres and I trip getting in and out every time, I am 6'2 and I tried getting in back wards and "falling down" and getting in forwards and spinning around while "falling" down.
Getting out was a different story, some how they expect the people with long legs to poke their legs out the threshold first while pulling themselves out and hitting their head on the cab.
I tried to pull my upper body up, then while I was hunched over (and exposing the better half of my ass to the Deere logo on the seat) get my legs out, and that's when I tripped over the threshold.
Even the New Hollands are easier for me to get in.

Screw you Deere, you still can't build a cab that everyone (or at least 95% of the rest of the "real" world skid steer owner/operators) can say is a good cab for easy entry and exit.

Comeawn, tell us how you really feel

I'm 6'2" and Deere's cab door does bring the suck - it's the height that makes it tough to climb in and out - try it with a hard hat on

On that note: I do have a fix which has helped us out a bunch

Name:  Sims 1.JPG
Views: 309
Size:  207.7 KB
Name:  Sims 3.JPG
Views: 298
Size:  226.3 KB
Name:  Sims 6.JPG
Views: 296
Size:  209.5 KB
Name:  Sims 8.JPG
Views: 298
Size:  205.1 KB

This is a major improvement over the std door IMO, seals up 100% better as well. Notice the wiper motor is located on the bottom of the glass, this helps not only increasing the opening height but also increases the operator visibility when loading trucks.

Edit: Also the door is mounted several inches farther out improving inside cab room.

Last edited by Skidsteerman; 06-08-2009 at 10:31 AM. Reason: more info
Old 06-08-2009, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The GR Forrestry door looks similar.

Don't pay any attention to Ron. Unless Deere starts buying Cat loaders and putting Deere stickers on them he will still say screw Deere. Then he will complain about the stickers.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
interesting wonder where that came from...
Some cites when bidding equipment sometimes require certain colors on their equipment. Don't see this as much as it used to be, cutting cost has something to do with it I'm sure.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

See what I never liked is the stupid thresh hold, where the "SIMS Corporation" decal is, why the hell can't they make that the same width as the rest of the opening and lower it down more??
That's there I get tripped on.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 06-08-2009, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
See what I never liked is the stupid thresh hold, where the "SIMS Corporation" decal is, why the hell can't they make that the same width as the rest of the opening and lower it down more??
Hard to tell with the boom up but when it's down the notch in the bottom of the door frame is to clear the HUGE MASSIVE bucket cylinder when the door is opened. Cat has no issue with this because of their tiny pencil sized bucket cylinders Sorry couldn't resist.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Agreed. If you measure the plate with the Deere symbol on it, you will notice that it is about 2" taller on cab machines than on ROPS machines. This makes no sense to me. You're already losing some opening height because of the door being in the way, so why make it even tighter by increasing the stepover height of the kickplate? On the ROPS machines, the plate doesn't really serve a purpose other than to piss me off and make it harder to sell the damn things.

It's even worse in my little corner of the world than in others. I live in an area where most people are of Dutch descent. Dutch people are huge. I'm 6'1", 265, played offensive line in (small) college football, and I'm average size at best where I live. You wouldn't believe the size of the galoots in my area. I'm not originally from here and most of my life I've been considered a relatively large person, but not here. It's a funny sight (but frustrating to me) to watch a 6'6", 275 lb. dairy farmer try to crawl in and out of our cab. Thankfully there are some Germans and Hispanics around or I would have a hard time selling anything.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeereMan85 View Post
Agreed. If you measure the plate with the Deere symbol on it, you will notice that it is about 2" taller on cab machines than on ROPS machines. This makes no sense to me. You're already losing some opening height because of the door being in the way, so why make it even tighter by increasing the stepover height of the kickplate? On the ROPS machines, the plate doesn't really serve a purpose other than to piss me off and make it harder to sell the damn things.
I saw a machine once where the owner notched out the flat horizontal part of the kick panel in the door opening. Actually made a big improvement on access with my size 13's. When the door is closed, it covers that area completely anyway, so no issue with creating an avenue for dirt/cold, or whatever. Gained maybe 2" or so. Seemed like a pretty common sense solution.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeereMan85 View Post

It's even worse in my little corner of the world than in others. I live in an area where most people are of Dutch descent. Dutch people are huge. I'm 6'1", 265, played offensive line in (small) college football, and I'm average size at best where I live. You wouldn't believe the size of the galoots in my area. I'm not originally from here and most of my life I've been considered a relatively large person, but not here. It's a funny sight (but frustrating to me) to watch a 6'6", 275 lb. dairy farmer try to crawl in and out of our cab. Thankfully there are some Germans and Hispanics around or I would have a hard time selling anything.
I would assume the plate is taller on the cab option because the door can only be so tall to keep from contacting the boom if the door is opened with boom part way up - make since?

The plate everyone complains about is a shin guard protector and it works. I've had idiots drop rocks and concrete chunks out of the back of the bucket, smashing the eye brow of the ROPS and smashing the shin guard as well. If it wasn't on there the operators lags would have been smashed.

Tags
deere , sucks