Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 06-04-2009, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Member

How long to get delivered???

Ok, so im getting a bit frustrated and im not sure if this is a Hustler issue, a dealer issue or maybe me not being patient.

I looked a FS SD 48 at my local dealer on May 15th. I pondered it for the weekend and called and ordered it on May18th. I got the bagging system as well. Was told they just sold their last one and ordered one would have it by end of week.

Wait patiently and call back on May 25th. Mower arrived but waiting on bagging system. Will get it this week get it all setup and deliver it by end of week.

Wait patiently and call back today. Bagging system arrived, all installed but missing (something), may arrive tomorrow.

What gives? Is Hustler behind on production, is dealer short of cash to purchase it all at once? 3 weeks seems a bit much ... if I dont get it tomorrow I may just tell them to forget it.

Am I just being impatient?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Please bare with us, I am sure it was a catcher that was back ordered, they are in very high demand this time of year.
E-mail me if you would like and I can follow up with the distributor to find out what part they are waiting for, its likely a adapter kit.
It will be well worth the extra day or 2, I can guarantee this much.

Pj
Old 06-04-2009, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Welcome to the end of the busy season. Mowing up here starts around April 15th. I talk to my dealer in March saying when I need the major purchases and when (I told him a 72" Super Z end of June and he told the distributor about it and he has it now. Good planning and timing. Win, win for all. He also calls me when doing stocking orders so he can get them at a better discount (more you buy, more you get off).

Whatever were the hot sellers in the spring are now hard to find or take some time to get.

If you are a home owner I can understand why there was not a plan. They offer a good product and it's hard to say what will be sold out. But if commercial it's too early to already of worn out a mower, it already needed replace over winter.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Pj,

I think you are correct in that it was the adapter kit. Just seems its been a looooong time.

Ill check back with them early next week.