Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-04-2009, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

a couple of questions

Hello,

I have a 36" Sentar I just bought about 2 months ago, it gets about 8 to 10 hours a week of use. I have a few questions about a some things I have noticed....

1. the hydro tank is very oily by the cap, and now that the weather is turning dryer and warmer grass is sticking to it much more. It is turning into a bit of a mess even though we wipe it clean often. Is this normal? I wouldn't think so.

2. The cut seems to be leaving hangers and unfinished patches at times. I have a mulch kit and to clarify this is in all types of grass and at various speeds (yes I have been expiermenting after I noticed it)

3. The latest and most troubleing problemm is the engine is cutting out, seems like some kind of fuel transfer issue. It happens mainly when I am mowing along at a normal speed and I come to an end of a stripe, I attempt to turn around or even more so if I do a three point turn, I am backing up and just starting to go forward it sputters for about 2 seconds, sometimes will even die. Like I said it seems like it is a fuel transfer issue (flooding a bit)
Very frustrating.

4. Also how long do you typically get out of a battery before having to charge it? Old mower got about two months.

thanks for your time,

Jeff
Old 06-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Sponsor

jsf343,

The oil from the hydro tank is being addressed, we will be issueing a service bulletin next week to deal with this issue. Usually when the mulch kit equipt mowers are leaving stringers it is due to the pitch of the deck. Check the blade pitch with someone on the machine and verify it is still around a 1/4". The most common cause is if air pressure has been reduced in the rear tires. Check the fuel filter to make sure no tank debris is restricting the flow, and does it happen if blades are on/off or doesn't matter. The battery could be from the unit sitting around awhile prior to sale but if a relatively new build that is unusual. The yellow wire in the harness is the charging circuit, make sure the connections are good especially at the key switch. Feel free to contact us at (301)-360-9810 to discuss in more detail.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightCommercial View Post
jsf343,

The oil from the hydro tank is being addressed, we will be issueing a service bulletin next week to deal with this issue. Usually when the mulch kit equipt mowers are leaving stringers it is due to the pitch of the deck. Check the blade pitch with someone on the machine and verify it is still around a 1/4". The most common cause is if air pressure has been reduced in the rear tires. Check the fuel filter to make sure no tank debris is restricting the flow, and does it happen if blades are on/off or doesn't matter. The battery could be from the unit sitting around awhile prior to sale but if a relatively new build that is unusual. The yellow wire in the harness is the charging circuit, make sure the connections are good especially at the key switch. Feel free to contact us at (301)-360-9810 to discuss in more detail.

Best Regards

To answer your question about the cut out, it seems to be only when blades are engaged. Regarding the battery, does it have a charging ability on that mower? if so how? nothing is actually wrong with the battery (thank goodness) I was just curious how long it would usually go before I had to charge it. Thanks for answers on everything else.

Jeff
Old 06-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Sponsor

jsf343,

Check to make sure the operator presence switch is plugged in properly, it is located in the battery box in front of the battery. Also make sure when you are making the turn that your feet aren't lifting off the footplate. Watch the fuel filter also to verify that fuel is passing through at a consistent rate and not restricting the flow of fuel. On this model the engine does recharge the battery as it is running so unless there is a problem with the charging circuit only age will require the battery to be serviced.

Best Regards
Old 06-10-2009, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

After doing some more research it seems to be the foot plate/safety switch issue of some sorts. I will check all of that, thanks for your help.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Headlights?

Wrong thread..sorry