Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-08-2009, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Best fert to apply to raise K and P values?

Attached is my soil test results from Scotts. The recommendation is to add winterizer as it is high in K.

Looks like what they are recommended is 22-2-14. I was wondering if I shouldn't shoot for say something like Turfline's winterizer which is 12-16-10 since that would help boost my P as well.

Thoughts?
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2009, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Those results look idiot proof, just what I need. How did you get that sample to them? Sorry I can't offer input but I want to say thanks for showing me that.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's all fine and dandy but I wouldn't be dropping no kind of fertilizer on a lawn now, it's fixing to get HOT if it hasn't already
and this combination stands a high chance of burning the lawn, summer is so right around the corner, in two weeks comes July.

What I would do instead is wait until fall, right in time for Core aeration, when you get ready to core aerate and seed,
seeing how you want to fertilize a bit then anyhow, fit it all into that and over and done, the whole treatment in one fell swoop.

Ain't gonna hurt it from now until then, no worse than the summer heat's going to do it if you apply now, my opinion.

Last edited by topsites; 06-12-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not trust the analysis. Any company that sells fertilize will skew the results to their favor. Pay the $10 and have your county extension agent office retest the soil and go with that. That 7.4 is very high and dependent on turf type, it could be too high; ie, centipede turf should be down around 6.0. And if the county is about the same just label me an A$$.