Click for Weather

Old 11-12-2009, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

my dad hit a steel cable last month
Old 11-12-2009, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
2" diameter steel bicycle foot peg, 3/4" diameter ground rod, I bent it and shaved the top off, 1/2" rebar property corner (21" mower stopped), rocks, balls, dog crap.
Let me add recent impacts: cement block, bailing twine from pine straw bales dog toys in my own lawn.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-12-2009, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_landscaper View Post
This summer I ran over a snake with my 48 Scag Cougar didn't kill it but then my weed wacker guy finished it with brand new Shindaiwa Trimmer !!! hahahah Other than that the usual stuff rocks , phonebooks, newspapers , dog poop etc.
Wow phone books have not herd of that yet
Ferris 32
Toro 21
Redmax BCZ2401s, Redmax HE225f, Redmax EBZ7100 Kawasaki KRB300
1999 Honda Oddsey
6X10 trailer
Old 11-12-2009, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well I sometimes do work in my grandmas neighbor hood I just use my grandpas mower, trimmer, and blower, because they live kinda far from me, but one of the neighbors was talking to me and said her lco ran over her golden retrivers foot with his ztr I was amazed but this lady seemed a little off but her dog only now has 3 legs and I rember seeing him with four for a while
Ferris 32
Toro 21
1999 Honda Oddsey
6X10 trailer
Old 11-12-2009, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

while i was at college here, you paid for your tuition by working 15 hours on campus. my first semester i was on the mowing crew. we were mowing behind one of the dorms(first mowing of spring) and found a dead cat that had been there for quite a while. one of the guys tried to "mulch" the cat- but the blade of the mower got lodged in the skull of the cat and instantly killed the mower. the first attempt of trying to grab the tail of the cat and pulling it off didn't work because all of the skin was schucked off the tail-gross but it was due to it being dead for so long. the next attempt of trying to pry the skull off the blade wasn't very successful either -due to the fact that nobody wanted to touch it. we finally got it loose enough to get the mower to start again and sling it free of the deck. it was pretty gross but we we all laughing so hard at the time it was hard o start mowing again.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Lets being this thread back to life any new stories from 2010 yet
Ferris 32
Toro 21
1999 Honda Oddsey
6X10 trailer
Old 04-30-2010, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf500series View Post
while i was at college here, you paid for your tuition by working 15 hours on campus. my first semester i was on the mowing crew. we were mowing behind one of the dorms(first mowing of spring) and found a dead cat that had been there for quite a while. one of the guys tried to "mulch" the cat- but the blade of the mower got lodged in the skull of the cat and instantly killed the mower. the first attempt of trying to grab the tail of the cat and pulling it off didn't work because all of the skin was schucked off the tail-gross but it was due to it being dead for so long. the next attempt of trying to pry the skull off the blade wasn't very successful either -due to the fact that nobody wanted to touch it. we finally got it loose enough to get the mower to start again and sling it free of the deck. it was pretty gross but we we all laughing so hard at the time it was hard o start mowing again.
Did you go to the College of the Ozarks (not sure if that is the correct name)? If I recall right, is this the school, where you pay for your schooling by working part time around the campus?
Old 05-01-2010, 03:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Hit a 1" thick 2ft square plate of steel, which looked like it came off a battle ship. How it ended up in the middle of a sports field I don't know but it was really heavy and smashed up the cylinder on the beaver mower I was using. Phone books go through a rotary mower really well if you want confetti. When i was 10 the flymo I was using wrapped itself around a washing line which was in the grass and climbed the wall till it was over my head. Strimming dog poop is always a joy.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I hit some sort of envelope or packet at a nice commercial lot and sprayed confetti all over a busy street. Before I could go clean it up, the wind had taken care of most it.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 05-02-2010, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Cuts View Post
Did you go to the College of the Ozarks (not sure if that is the correct name)? If I recall right, is this the school, where you pay for your schooling by working part time around the campus?
yes it is. you have to work 15 hours per week on campus + one 40 hour week per semester. i spent three semesters in the landscaping department and the rest in the horticulture lab.