Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Member

build a tote sprayer

can anyone tell me what i need or and how to assemble it , whats the parts and the best trash pump, i want to spay at low pressure on driveways to take some of the work out of it. Is this a good idea.. i dont want overspray at all and can just use a smaller swat. thanks
Old 05-13-2009, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Member

no its not a good idea, 1. the trash pump will fall apart, the bearings will rot out not suppose to pump sealer, sand... 2. those tanks do not agiatate therfore your sealr will seperate. 3. only gypsies use them.. If you can not afford a professional unit, than do it buy hand, buy a 300 gallone hand agiatated tank... Dont ruin the business...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Member

We started out 35 years ago dipping buckets out of barrels. We use shovels and a tank now. Never got int o spraying butim getting too old and thought the setup would be similar to what i have and i could adgitate with a shovel always worked in the past. The pumps get some good reviews if you dont use sand.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWS View Post
no its not a good idea, 1. the trash pump will fall apart, the bearings will rot out not suppose to pump sealer, sand... 2. those tanks do not agiatate therfore your sealr will seperate. 3. only gypsies use them.. If you can not afford a professional unit, than do it buy hand, buy a 300 gallone hand agiatated tank... Dont ruin the business...
my tank was taken from my yard 3 years ago(still missing) so i took one of the totes and slid it in my cargo van,i bought the pre mixed sealer from sealmaster and went to the job and put it down,,,, it will get you started, and 90% of the time the customer never see's the tank anyway, i dont know of any gypsies that use a tote tank. as long asd you do a good job you will be fine...i started patching pot holes in a rusted out f350 pickup and a hand roller and tamper.....and have not looked back....hell back then i striped parking lots with a can....
Old 05-13-2009, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

now I can see how you only charge 4-5 cents a sq.. THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN PUT SEALER DOWN CORRECTLY WITH A TRASH PUMP, NO SAND, NO ADDITVES..COME ON NOW..... YOU ALSO STATED YOU DID 650K A YEAR SEALING, NOW I KNOW YOU A STRAIGHT UP BULLSHITTER.. AROUND HERE YOU WOULDNT LAST A WEEK WITH YOUR RUSTED OUT CARGO VAN AND GYPSIE TANK..... I JUST DONT GET IT.. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO AGIATATE A 275 GALLON TOTE WITH A SHOVEL...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
now I can see how you only charge 4-5 cents a sq.. THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN PUT SEALER DOWN CORRECTLY WITH A TRASH PUMP, NO SAND, NO ADDITVES..COME ON NOW..... YOU ALSO STATED YOU DID 650K A YEAR SEALING, NOW I KNOW YOU A STRAIGHT UP BULLSHITTER.. AROUND HERE YOU WOULDNT LAST A WEEK WITH YOUR RUSTED OUT CARGO VAN AND GYPSIE TANK..... I JUST DONT GET IT.. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO AGIATATE A 275 GALLON TOTE WITH A SHOVEL...
******* read the thread, no where did i say 650k, and i said i bought pre mix sealer from sealmaster, and the dam van is a 2005.... whats your deal you are an *******, and i never said i sprayed a thing, all my sealer is brushed on....i just used the tote to carry the sealer, you are a dam jerk.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
ya know on the other thread not one person came on here to agree with you,,and the last time i took a look over 600 ppl had read the thread.....
Old 05-13-2009, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Member

here's a few pic's of my rusted out junk,,,,
Old 05-13-2009, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton&sonsasphalt View Post
here's a few pic's of my rusted out junk,,,,
see any rust......
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2009, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member