Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-11-2009, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSB LawnandGardenServices View Post
yeah, i will never rent from HD again..We rented a TLB for 1 month, took it to the job about 35 miles away and took it off. Well it began to overheat after every five feet we dug. We called the HD we rented it from and brought it all the way back(same day). The dude fooled with it and said it was fixed...We get all the way back to the job with it only to have the hydro line in the backhoe burst. So, once again we bring it back..The funny thing is, the guy replaced the whole line with all new fittings.. Bring it back to the job the next day and what do ya know..That SAME hydro line busted again. We got our money back and rented a mini x from Coles rental

I hear you, Last time I rented from HD the throttle was broken and wouldn't hold idle on a tamper. Time before that was a chipper I was driving off a bridge ramp and the trailer felt as if it was tipping.......well it was, flat tire. I called them up and they said "shoot we thought we could hold off on fixing it" They just filled it up with air before I got there. Took 6 hours for them to come fix it. ( This was before I had multiple trucks so I couldn't do it myself)
Old 06-11-2009, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtostone View Post
I hear you, Last time I rented from HD the throttle was broken and wouldn't hold idle on a tamper. Time before that was a chipper I was driving off a bridge ramp and the trailer felt as if it was tipping.......well it was, flat tire. I called them up and they said "shoot we thought we could hold off on fixing it" They just filled it up with air before I got there. Took 6 hours for them to come fix it. ( This was before I had multiple trucks so I couldn't do it myself)
ha..i wouldve left that on the side of the road...The guy that goes out to fix the machine said he wanted to take it with him when i got back to that Hd...that didnt happen
Old 06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, had my running with them people this morning. They charged my 301.77 which saw in my account this morning. The total after everything was said and done should have been 205.37, So, where the hell did this 90 sum dollars come from. Well, they are for the locks for the machine, the wheel and tongue lock. NA NA NA, I don't think so. When I heard that I hit the roof. Called up the manager again, since they did not return my call form yesteday to tell me that they were going to charge. So, I went higher up on the scale. Talk to a fellow in the customer service headquarters. Real friendly guy, told him the whole situation. He said he willl call me back and let me know the outcome of this whole problem. Also mentioned to him that the manager this morning was a reall smart azz saying "sorry, this is how we do things and this is how it will be done" Well, we will see about that. I know that this was my fault, but it is also theirs. THis is total BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningside View Post
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

if all else fails just rent a backhoe from them and tear their own building down
Old 06-11-2009, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfTD_service_CENTER View Post
if all else fails just rent a backhoe from them and tear their own building down
LOL, well the skidsteer also there only has one set of keys, maybe I will use it instead, and say I lost the keys. Sorry.

Quote:
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yeah thats pretty slimmy to just charge your card without notice!

im sure one day some guy with nothing to lose will walk in after they screw him over and try it!
Old 06-11-2009, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Go to your bank and have the fraudulent charges taken off. Take your receipt with you as well.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskres View Post
Go to your bank and have the fraudulent charges taken off. Take your receipt with you as well.

I would do this. And didn't you say you paid $17 for renters insurance? That normally covers theft.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtostone View Post
I would do this. And didn't you say you paid $17 for renters insurance? That normally covers theft.
Na, I read the fine print in the contract twice. It only covers damage to the machine. Not insurance, I tried that one.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2009, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would have thought that the insurance would cover damages, theft etc. This is a big warning about renting equipment from HD!
2011 8x16 Pace Summit trailer
2010 Exmark TTHP 17/48
04 Exmark Viking 32"
96 Exmark Metro 36"
Echo, Redmax, and Shindaiwa handhelds. Husky chain saws.
2010 F-350 4x4 6.4 PSD w/ 8' Western plow.
1997 F-250 4x4 7.3 PSD
2004 Bobcat 61" 25hp ZTR for sale. 1100 hours, Under 10 hours on a TOTAL DECK REBUILD! PM for details