Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-11-2009, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Just looked at mine no model number but has 150 stamped in the hosing of pump. The pump you want to look at is the Pedistal Helical Gear Pumps
G Series ( 0-250 PSI ) or H Series ( 0-500 PSI ). The motor you match with this pump has to have a gear reduction box or you will blow the pump.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfiste View Post
nope no gear reduction, is that something i could pick up @ homedepot or princess?
Maybe, but I doubt it. The gear reduction box is like a transmission that limits the the RPM output of the motor at the output shaft. Like runnig your car in first gear only. So the albany pump requires 1hp to run with a gear reduction of 6 to 1 a 5.5hp motor will only run at 0.91hp. Look in to motor with a gear reduction box on it if you get the albany pump. If you could can you send a pic of the motor and pump that you have now?
Old 06-11-2009, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

the motor is a 8.75 Briggs and stratton. Im positive theres no gear reduction, the unit started out as an Asphalt Kingdom AK2200 the big ugly square plastic tank that everyone here laughs at.. I have since gotten rid of, well, not using it to for a sealer tank anyways.. I have a 107 gallon round aluminum tank that I am using.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Member

How about brushing on Black Mac, whats the coverage when brushing? I could brush on while im putting together a gear pump sprayer.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
the motor is a 8.75 Briggs and stratton. Im positive theres no gear reduction, the unit started out as an Asphalt Kingdom AK2200 the big ugly square plastic tank that everyone here laughs at.. I have since gotten rid of, well, not using it to for a sealer tank anyways.. I have a 107 gallon round aluminum tank that I am using.
wow that is a pretty big size motor for spraying back mac. I was going to suggest that you set up a pulley system for the pump and motor if you could not find a gear reduction box, but the pulley on the pump would have to be at least 8 to 9 inches in diameter. I think the final set up would be to bulky for your needs, Better buying the motor with it. As for your big plastic tank if you still have it keep and use it for storage, as you live far away for a supplier you can stock up if you need it.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Member

the black mac supplier is only 30 mins from here, the nearest coal tar supplier is 3.5 hours. I am talking with Protect as we speak, going to head down the first of the week for their pump, and possibly the 5.5 with gear reduction
Old 06-12-2009, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
How about brushing on Black Mac, whats the coverage when brushing? I could brush on while im putting together a gear pump sprayer.
I think the coverage would go way down I would not brush or roll it on. Spraying right now I am getting 700 square feet to 10 liters of black mac, that is a rough estimate. I do not know how black mac brushed or rolled on a whole driveway would look. I will tell you when trimming out driveway I will use a brush in tight places like a gas meter but it leaves brush marks.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
the black mac supplier is only 30 mins from here, the nearest coal tar supplier is 3.5 hours. I am talking with Protect as we speak, going to head down the first of the week for their pump, and possibly the 5.5 with gear reduction
If your going to drive down to protect bring the truck and tank they will install the motor and pump for you.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Member

i just may do that!!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

whats the best pump, Im looking at the G series. 05g looks about right.