Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-11-2009, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Used Turf Tiger Price

I have the chance to buy a 2007 Turf Tiger with 40 hours on it. It is the 27 hp Kohler with 61 " velosity deck. The price is $8500 firm .Is this a good deal ?
Please advise. The Machine looks perfect. Thanks
Old 06-11-2009, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i dont know much about scag warrentee but bobcats are 2 years, not a whole lot of money off to lose that. id start buy going to a dealer and seeing how much it will cost you out the door and look into 0%finacing

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 06-11-2009, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierscooter View Post
I have the chance to buy a 2007 Turf Tiger with 40 hours on it. It is the 27 hp Kohler with 61 " velosity deck. The price is $8500 firm .Is this a good deal ?
Please advise. The Machine looks perfect. Thanks
No, not really. Many of us have been buying new Turf Tigers with 35 Briggs for $9,600 which has a lot of extras over the 27 hp like faster ground speed, larger clutch, suspensions seat standard, fans on pumps, etc etc. Plus if you buy new you get the 2 year warranty. Just a suspension seat for a TT will cost close to $600. I would try to buy new unless he is willing to go lower.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma200 View Post
No, not really. Many of us have been buying new Turf Tigers with 35 Briggs for $9,600
Talked to my scag dealer yesterday about that. He called the distributor, and was told they're gone. I imagine stock differs in different parts of the country, but that program is getting a bit long in the tooth now.

YourSkiCoach.com
Old 06-11-2009, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

so fast man are you still waiting to demo or have you decided what your going for yet?
Old 06-11-2009, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

no i bought my turf tiger and it was $8400 out the door with .5 hrs
Old 06-11-2009, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfTD_service_CENTER View Post
so fast man are you still waiting to demo or have you decided what your going for yet?
I'm in the final stages of making the decision. With great reluctance I've ruled out Scag, based on my evaluation described in my comparison thread. I love the volocity deck, but I was so impressed with the handling/performance of the Lazer, I'll settle for the tall and wet cutting compromises so I don't have to drive a tank everyday, and try to get it on my smaller properties with more undulating grounds. I can always trade rides when Scag decides to modernize the Turf Tiger, or power up and lower the CG on the Wildcat.

So now I just need to give the Toro G3 a go, to test the performance of the Turbo Force. Given a toss up I'm going Toro because the dealer for them is head and shoulders better than the Exmark guy.

Perhaps give the Bobcat Predator Pro a test,,, but other than that I'm about there. One thing I know for sure,,, I'm getting lots of HP. Your 34 Kaw, SsC.

Won't happen till next month. I'm leaving next week to run a two week ski camp in France.

YourSkiCoach.com
Old 06-11-2009, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

good deal! bobcat might be a great choice considering the 37hp kawi option and from what i hear they mow deep grass very well. the toro is a great choice i bet that will do much better than mine in the deep grass + you will be able adjust the deck to change for conditions.

france sounds fun! your very lucky to be traveling so far! i wish someday i can travel to europe. the mountains out there are unbelieveable! i have seen many photos from a friend who took a trip out that way skiing it was too much to explain! lol well have fun!