Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-07-2014, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How to determine model YEAR on wright stander?

Hello,
I am intrested in finding out the model year of a certain wright stander. The machine is 36", model number is wsr36, it has the battery box on the standing platform, and it has the brown knee rest- not black. The deck height is adjusted with the handbrake looking device. Pretty sure it is NOT aerocore deck. Any information is appreciated. Thanks a lot
Old 04-07-2014, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

They do not have "model years". You can find the date of production with the serial number. If the unit was registered properly you can do that on their website. If not you would have to call them or have a dealer contact them.

Again this is date of production. It could sit in a warehouse for months or a year and at a dealer for some time before being sold. I have run into some that are very old but only recently sold.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the response. So the date of production with the serial number- is that like wsr36-"2012" ? or is it a specific code? If its a code, how to decode it?
thanks so much
Old 04-07-2014, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
Thanks for the response. So the date of production with the serial number- is that like wsr36-"2012" ? or is it a specific code? If its a code, how to decode it?
thanks so much
First you need your serial number. If you can post that I can check for you or you could try plugging it in to their website yourself.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
They do not have "model years". You can find the date of production with the serial number. If the unit was registered properly you can do that on their website. If not you would have to call them or have a dealer contact them.

Again this is date of production. It could sit in a warehouse for months or a year and at a dealer for some time before being sold. I have run into some that are very old but only recently sold.

Exactly.
I had the same question regarding the brand new Ferris I bought a few years ago. The engine was a different HP than was listed in all the current literature and I was curious - did they sell me an "old model"?
Well, they did, but as noted, there aren't "model years" for mowers, as it was explained to me by a Ferris representative. "Sometimes features change mid-year, sometimes nothing changes for years - we can only tell you when it was manufactured."

Someone else in the industry told me the same thing.

My mower was made about a year before the year it was purchased, I discovered.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks with the serial number you can ask wright.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks for the re ply
Old 04-12-2014, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
thanks for the re ply
Because of the recent emissions regulations the date of manufacture (DOM) has to be with the emissions label. Check for that.

Just like cars, the model year of some manufactures begin before the calendar year. Most mowers are made with running changes rather that model year changes.
Posted via Mobile Device