Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-08-2010, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

pretty much, just really hate the wieght of it after mowing for 2plus years with it
Old 07-10-2010, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

hi i am john new guy to the site doing some internet surfing on this exact subject and here i go i got 10 pages worth of good reading! buy the way looks to be a very good forum glad i joined.

figure i would jump in here, being that i just got a good deal on a brand new 010 model (zg222) out the door for 5800, 1hr on it. picked up today and figures it rained so i could not get on and play with it. i like this unit all ready but looks like i will learn to love it from what i have red here. john
Old 07-14-2010, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleedge View Post
The bagger works great, but I have had to replace the plastic impeller a couple of times. When you do get the bagger, clean out the impeller housing often, stuff builds up in it and causes the impeller to wear.
Has Kubota made any improvements to the plastic impeller? What drives the grass bagger?
Old 08-07-2010, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubotafan View Post
Has Kubota made any improvements to the plastic impeller? What drives the grass bagger?
There is a double pulley on the right side spindle so that another belt could be installed on it to drive the bagger.

Connecticut Pesticide Supervisor License

2002 Dodge Ram
16 Ft. Car Trailer
2011 Ferris DD Comfort Control 52
2009 Kubota ZG227 27 H.P. 54"
2008 48 Scag Belt Driven WB with a 17 kawi
Stihl Handhelds
95% Solo Operation
Old 12-25-2012, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

One of the best threads on this forum. I am negotiating with a gentleman for his 2011 ZG227 60" with 100hrs. I hope we can work something out.

Michael

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Echo 760LN
Old 08-06-2013, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Member

This thread heavily influenced my decision to purchase a 2011, 223 hour, ZG227, 54" deck today. $5,500.00. Some typical scuffs and blemishes, very clean overall. The owner just did the 200 hour dealer service, brand new blades at that time. Very well maintained.

It needs a new front/center anti-scalping wheel, it is pretty shot.

I'm gonna buy a bagger-system, lights, mulcher kit and maybe a canopy in the next couple months.

I'll be up first thing tomorrow, get it off the trailer and get to cutting.

I've got 4 acres of lawn to do.

I'm also going to use it every couple months on my two (2) ten acre cow pastures, and twice a year on my 20-acre hay-field.

The pastures and hay-field are very clean, no debris, pretty smooth, no hills, flat or gentle inclines.

I'm like a kid at x-mas, too excited to sleep, and want to get up early and go mow!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Follow up to my previous post.

LOVE this machine. I've put ten hours on it.

Mowed about 4 acres of very clean and smooth lawn around the houses, shed, garden and driveway. No sweat. Beautiful cut.

Then I decided to do a bit of torture-test.

I mowed about a 1/2-acre in front of my barn. 6-foot tall pasture weeds. Thick, choking, Amazonian, deep jungle kind of ****. Felt like I should be riding an elephant and looking out for tigers. I set it on 5" (max setting) and had to let the mower creep through and rock it forward and backwards a bit to keep from choking it. But...I made it. Took a second pass of course, a third pass in some spots, but damned if it didn't get it done. I also did a little 2-acre pasture that had a 5-foot tall weeded center section. Once again, I crept through the first pass, then did a second or third pass.

I also mowed maybe 1-acre of one of my cow pastures with no problems. I'm gonna mow the rest of it tomorrow.

My hay-field however is too thick, thigh-high, too big, and I would have to creep the whole thing. I'm having a buddy of mine bush-hog it.

Incredibly impressed with this ZG227 beastly machine.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Member

kubota

that's a nice looking mower .looks like its put together well..may it last you many years.