Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-20-2009, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice

Last year I found the need to buy a new mower and came here to read up on the different brands. I didn't know anything about the different brands and types of mowers, which engine to get, diesel or gas, and what to spend on a good mower. It was for my personal use at my home with about 4 acres that I wanted to have a really nice cut. Before this, I was using an older Craftsman ride along mower, but they no longer suppport that model and parts were impossible to find for it anymore.

Based on what I read here and using that knowledge when talking to quite a few dealers, I bought a Scag Wildcat with a 60 inch deck and Kawasaki water cooled 26HP engine. I only have 20 hours on it so far, which suprises me. I thought for sure it was three times that. I've been able to mow areas that I couldn't get to with my tractor, and angles that I was too afraid to mow on my tractor.

I'm very happy with my Scag and wanted to thank everyone here for their posts. While I didn't ask any questions or start a thread on it when I was looking, I did spend allot of time lurking and reading everyones posts. There really wasn't a need to start another thread with so much information already available.

Thank you,
Eddie
Old 06-20-2009, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieWalker View Post
Last year I found the need to buy a new mower and came here to read up on the different brands. I didn't know anything about the different brands and types of mowers, which engine to get, diesel or gas, and what to spend on a good mower. It was for my personal use at my home with about 4 acres that I wanted to have a really nice cut. Before this, I was using an older Craftsman ride along mower, but they no longer suppport that model and parts were impossible to find for it anymore.

Based on what I read here and using that knowledge when talking to quite a few dealers, I bought a Scag Wildcat with a 60 inch deck and Kawasaki water cooled 26HP engine. I only have 20 hours on it so far, which suprises me. I thought for sure it was three times that. I've been able to mow areas that I couldn't get to with my tractor, and angles that I was too afraid to mow on my tractor.

I'm very happy with my Scag and wanted to thank everyone here for their posts. While I didn't ask any questions or start a thread on it when I was looking, I did spend allot of time lurking and reading everyones posts. There really wasn't a need to start another thread with so much information already available.

Thank you,
Eddie

This is a great board, just wish there were more "newbies" like you that had enough sense to use the damned search function instead of asking the same tired questions that get asked everyday.

And many of them are LCOs (or claim to be... I have serious doubts) yet are so lazy.... how do they expect to many any money with zero initiative..... and why to they join the site without reading the "welcome to the site" threads that explain how to use the site????