Register free!

Old 06-26-2009, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
It works best when absorbed by foliage. Insects detect it and stay away. So it is better when applied to lawns after mowing instead of just before.

The product is EPA exempt, State laws may vary but in most cases no pesticide license is required.
My clients love it & I have no problem spraying while kids and pets are in the yard.

Anyone interested in adding this service, please feel free to contact us for info on achieving best results at the best price.
Talked to a customer yesterday. I use Bi-fen and have good results but was thinking about using Mosquito barrier. I mentioned it to my customer and said he used it but it did not work. Does the product work and last on wood and stone. Do you sell it? I could not find it on your website.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandview View Post
Talked to a customer yesterday. I use Bi-fen and have good results but was thinking about using Mosquito barrier. I mentioned it to my customer and said he used it but it did not work. Does the product work and last on wood and stone. Do you sell it? I could not find it on your website.
It works best when applied to plant material, it may not last as long when applied to stone.

It works. I used it in my yard before offering the application service to my residential clients. The positive feed back I got from them convinced me to add it to our wholesale product.

Our price is $62.04 for a single gal, $185.56 for 4 x 1 gal case. Plus shipping.

We don't have every product up on our website. If you can't find something, or need detailed product info & pricing just click info@techterraorganics.com and we will promptly get back to you.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 06-26-2009, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mosquito Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by FdLLawnMan View Post
In Wisconsin if you are performing mosquito control you need an aquatics license.
In Maryland, I think you need Cat.#8-Public Health on your license for mosquito control.
mount airy, md 21771-0630
Old 06-26-2009, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Member

are you sure this product isn't exempt from using without those license's?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Garlic is a great mosquitoe control product

Be careful it attracts Italians

Talstar is also very toxic to fish and many aquatic creatures, if you are around water at all you can use garlic safely......and spray it on your pizza
Garlic is EPA exempt on the 25b list for the national organic program for organic farming. which means you can use it as a pesticide on the farm and still be compliant. every state regulates its own pesicide law so you would have to check with your own state law.

I think it more a question of what you are claiming, if you are "managing" and not "killing" I think you are OK with the law. Mosquito management

Last edited by ICT Bill; 06-26-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Do you think you could you use an ATV sprayer, or tow sprayer, for a larger lawn (and the wand for trees, etc.)?
Old 06-26-2009, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
Garlic is a great mosquitoe control product

Be careful it attracts Italians
Careful? Hell they bring great food & wine!
You gotta problem wi'dat?

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 06-26-2009, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

sprayed two more today - got mad too

I'm sure an ATV sprayer would be fine for turf. Not sure if your wand would thoroughly spray trees/shrubs??

I made 16 stops today. Two stops were Mosquito Barrier sprays.

First mosquito spray was 88,000 s/f (plus shrubs & trees up to 20 feet). The skiters were so thick, I got mad & hooked up a Hypro tree gun (for extra height & distance). I still used the 400 psi pressure. I even sprayed inside their horse barn. There were 3 guys putting on a new addition on the back of the house. I told 'em I was there to spray mosquitoes. They said, "Thank God". BTW they didn't care if I got spray mist on them after I told them what I was using. Those guys were getting eaten alive!

It took me about 40 minutes to thoroughly spray the entire property (2 acres). Before I left, I asked the construction workers if they noticed a difference. Here's their quotes, "amazing", "awesome", and "no more bites". I ended up using about 70 gallons on this 2 acre property. I mix 1/2 gallon of Mosquito Barrier for every 75 gallons of water.

I hope this nails down approximately how much to mix. Been using the same rate (1/2 gallon per 75 gallons of water for almost 3 years now). J-D9 gun or hypro tree gun. BTW you WILL get mosquito 2 or 3 or 4 bites while spraying, so you may want to spray mosquito repellent on your arms & neck before spraying in heavily infested properties.

Keep in mind I'm no expert -- just been using it for awhile with great results. phasthound (Barry) knows his stuff. Ran out of last year's supply, so I opened his latest shipment today. Thanks Barry, Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summett View Post
Do you think you could you use an ATV sprayer, or tow sprayer, for a larger lawn (and the wand for trees, etc.)?
Old 06-26-2009, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
J-D9 gun or hypro tree gun. BTW you WILL get mosquito 2 or 3 or 4 bites while spraying, so you may want to spray mosquito repellent on your arms & neck before spraying in heavily infested properties.

Keep in mind I'm no expert -- just been using it for awhile with great results. Thanks Barry, Larry
Do you just turn the JD-9 on yourself at a lower pressure???? or just dunk your hands and arms in the tank and pat your neck???
Old 06-26-2009, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Excellent point -- I was so pissed off at the 2-acre property cuz they were everywhere. They swarmed all around me the whole time I was spraying. Got bit 3 or 4 times too. Hence my recomendation to spray with deet before spraying. The garlic sure stirs 'em up -- they really swarm out of shrubs, etc, but it seems to take about five minutes before they "exit Stage Left" and leave the premices. Yes, I did spray myself several times with a fine mist while spraying, but still got 3 or 4 bits anyways.

Bottom line: I think it takes a few minutes for the 'Minnesota State Bird' to figure out they ain't Italian.