Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-30-2009, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Also works great keeping flea beetles off my eggplants.
How long does Mosquito Barrier last on wood structures?
Old 06-30-2009, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

is there a dealer network? American where you get yours from? Im am in MN would like to buy some from a dealer vs internet. However, buy it where I can.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tech-Terra Organics

We get the best price from Tech-Terra. (a lawnsite.com sponsor) phasthound (Barry) is their rep here on lawnsite. Best price = ordering at least four gallons at a time. Takes about a week for delivery. Product comes from California. It also stores very well (in a heated garage) for next year.

You can also buy it on ebay, as well as http://www.mosquitobarrier.com, but you will pay more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmatic View Post
is there a dealer network? American where you get yours from? Im am in MN would like to buy some from a dealer vs internet. However, buy it where I can.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
We get the best price from Tech-Terra. (a lawnsite.com sponsor) phasthound (Barry) is their rep here on lawnsite. Best price = ordering at least four gallons at a time. Takes about a week for delivery. Product comes from California. It also stores very well (in a heated garage) for next year.

You can also buy it on ebay, as well as http://www.mosquitobarrier.com, but you will pay more.
Thanks Larry.

For anyone interested in this product and many others, please check our website below. You won't find this product there yet, but we will give you the best price available for a case. You may contact us at info@techterraorganics.com.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Member

mosquito barrier

What is the minimum and maximum amount of water used to apply MB ?
I would hate to dilute it too much,but want to make sure I get enough so it will work like it's supposed to.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

great question

Hey bud -- I plan to mix it at two gallons per 50 gallons of water instead of 75 gallons. Got a call from just one customer today saying it didn't last cuz it rained shortly afterwards. Two gallons in 50 gallons of water will certainly do the job.

That's what i'll do from now on - I'll just charge more. Even thought the previous rate worked well for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwing96 View Post
What is the minimum and maximum amount of water used to apply MB ?
I would hate to dilute it too much,but want to make sure I get enough so it will work like it's supposed to.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Mosquito sprayer

http://northernagmistsprayer.com/products.php?page=24

This is the type setup I use.
Bill
Old 07-08-2009, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
ot a call from just one customer today saying it didn't last cuz it rained shortly afterwards.
Americanlawn, do you see a decrease in effectiveness if you're spraying on a lawn that is irrigated. I see from the manufacturer website that a 48 hr dry spell is recommended when spraying, but it also says that it "will be ok thru about 2-3 moderate rain showers." How about irrigated areas?
Old 07-08-2009, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

oops, I meant one quart per 25 gallons

Bwing96 -- Nice set-up buddy!

Summett -- We received 1.4 inches of rain yesterday as well as light showers days before that. I mixed up 75 gallons (3 quarts of Mosquito Barrier) & sprayed 3 properties on the morning of July 4th. 1) our home, 2) daughter's home, 3) office next door rental home. So far, not a single mosquito bite.

I don't know how frequent irrigation affects the longevity, but most skiters hang out in shrubs, ornamental beds, etc anyway.

Here's a pic of our home (650 X 135 feet), about 2 acres. I walked along the perimeter of our property a few minutes ago, and I did not see any skiters whatsoever.

All I know is it works great. Thanks.

p.s. that's a Chevy Avalanche on the left, a John Deere Gator on the right, and an American flag in the middle. Visitors with foreign cars are politely asked to 'park across the street'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summett View Post
Americanlawn, do you see a decrease in effectiveness if you're spraying on a lawn that is irrigated. I see from the manufacturer website that a 48 hr dry spell is recommended when spraying, but it also says that it "will be ok thru about 2-3 moderate rain showers." How about irrigated areas?
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2009, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Americanlawn, do you spray every square foot of your lawn including the house, driveway, walks and so on? Also how long till you notice a difference. Once I sprayed the day before and once the morning of a party and both time didn't seem to really work. Both times i resprayed the main areas of the party and worked great the rest of the night. Not sure if maybe it should be being done sooner. Any suggestions?