Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-09-2009, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yep -- I spray everything. About 30 feet up into the trees, over the roof of the house, under the eaves, on the fence, over the fence, and I thoroughly spray shrubs & other ornamentals. As far as spraying the lawn, I don't spend much time there -- I just spray back & forth about 10 - 20 feet in the air & let it drift on the turf. While I move to the next section of the property, I usually spray about 40 feet up in the air, letting the product drift. Still no skeeter bites as of this afternoon. I almost always use a J-D9 spray gun at about 400 psi (tall tree gun if them skeeter piss me off), and I put the 'county boys' to shame regarding skeeter control. The county sprays insecticide which also kills beneficial bugs (and it doesn't last) -- even lightning bugs, which we are fond of.

How long do we see a difference? No bites after about 15 minutes, cuz the cowards quickly find 'greener pastures' at the neighbor's properties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlclawnguy View Post
Americanlawn, do you spray every square foot of your lawn including the house, driveway, walks and so on? Also how long till you notice a difference. Once I sprayed the day before and once the morning of a party and both time didn't seem to really work. Both times i resprayed the main areas of the party and worked great the rest of the night. Not sure if maybe it should be being done sooner. Any suggestions?
Old 07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I can just imagine Larry spraying wildly into the air and cackling, "Take that you Skeeters!! You may bite all the others, but you won't bite ME!!"

The stuff works, and for me there is no better feeling than to be able to spray while the kids are playing in the pool & the dog is in the yard. Oh, wait, I can do that with almost all my applications.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Last edited by phasthound; 07-09-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

ditto

Pretty nice to walk outside (tonight) & not get bitten. Guys -- the stuff truly works. And it lasts a long time. Try it & you will see. Summer here in Iowa is short enough...so we try to enjoy the outdoors as much as we can. Got some outdoor concerts & car shows as late as early November here -- we will utilize Mosquito Barrier for those events too, cuz it works, Thanks Barry for the fine products that Tech Terra offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
I can just imagine Larry spraying wildly into the air and cackling, "Take that you Skeeters!! You may bite all the others, but you won't bite ME!!"

The stuff works, and for me there is no better feeling than to be able to spray while the kids are playing in the pool & the dog is in the yard. Oh, wait, I can do that with almost all my applications.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have been reading this post, but only with a passing interest as we have never had a call for this service....UNTIL TODAY

How often do you recommend treatments? once per month? Do you set them up with a minimum number of apps? any gurantees?

The call I got is from a property manager that runs a few sites that total about 100 acres. He wants to meet on the first one and see how well the control goes. The properties are about an hour travel for me so I want to go in as knowlegeable and upfront about what to expect as I REALLY dont want any go backs that far away.

Thanks Larry and Barry
Old 07-10-2009, 08:02 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf hokie View Post
I have been reading this post, but only with a passing interest as we have never had a call for this service....UNTIL TODAY

How often do you recommend treatments? once per month? Do you set them up with a minimum number of apps? any gurantees?

The call I got is from a property manager that runs a few sites that total about 100 acres. He wants to meet on the first one and see how well the control goes. The properties are about an hour travel for me so I want to go in as knowlegeable and upfront about what to expect as I REALLY dont want any go backs that far away.

Thanks Larry and Barry
Bryan,

Check your email when you can, I sent you some info.

I recommend every 3 weeks. As long as it is applied correctly, it works.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-10-2009, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

May I also add - Bryan, print off a Mosquito Barrier fact sheet to give to your customers. This will re-enforce what you tell them as to what it controls, etc.

BTW we love lightning bugs, and we don't have to worry about getting it in our pool or on pets. Also not harnful the our endangered honeybees.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sprayer

Would a regular lesco skid sprayer work for this or should I have something else?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteOutdoorImpact View Post
Would a regular lesco skid sprayer work for this or should I have something else?
That's perfect!

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-16-2009, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

sprayer

Is there any other sprayer set up that might work.. I dont have a skid sprayer yet... Can I get a tank and one of those electric shurflo pumps and then the question... what gun for the end?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteOutdoorImpact View Post
Is there any other sprayer set up that might work.. I dont have a skid sprayer yet... Can I get a tank and one of those electric shurflo pumps and then the question... what gun for the end?
Many set ups work. It can be applied at 1.3 oz per gallon, 2 gal/1000. Give it 48 hours without rain, it works.
How to apply the product is easy to answer. How much labor & time is effective for your business is something you must answer. I wouldn't make any profit if I was applying with a back pack sprayer. Would you? I can't answer that.

Franklin D. Roosevelt