Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 07-09-2009, 04:25 PM
americanlawn's Avatar
americanlawn americanlawn is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,652
Yep -- I spray everything. About 30 feet up into the trees, over the roof of the house, under the eaves, on the fence, over the fence, and I thoroughly spray shrubs & other ornamentals. As far as spraying the lawn, I don't spend much time there -- I just spray back & forth about 10 - 20 feet in the air & let it drift on the turf. While I move to the next section of the property, I usually spray about 40 feet up in the air, letting the product drift. Still no skeeter bites as of this afternoon. I almost always use a J-D9 spray gun at about 400 psi (tall tree gun if them skeeter piss me off), and I put the 'county boys' to shame regarding skeeter control. The county sprays insecticide which also kills beneficial bugs (and it doesn't last) -- even lightning bugs, which we are fond of.

How long do we see a difference? No bites after about 15 minutes, cuz the cowards quickly find 'greener pastures' at the neighbor's properties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlclawnguy View Post
Americanlawn, do you spray every square foot of your lawn including the house, driveway, walks and so on? Also how long till you notice a difference. Once I sprayed the day before and once the morning of a party and both time didn't seem to really work. Both times i resprayed the main areas of the party and worked great the rest of the night. Not sure if maybe it should be being done sooner. Any suggestions?
__________________
Proud subscriber of TURF Magazine. (thanks Ron)
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
phasthound's Avatar
phasthound phasthound is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ
Posts: 4,061
I can just imagine Larry spraying wildly into the air and cackling, "Take that you Skeeters!! You may bite all the others, but you won't bite ME!!"

The stuff works, and for me there is no better feeling than to be able to spray while the kids are playing in the pool & the dog is in the yard. Oh, wait, I can do that with almost all my applications.
__________________
Barry Draycott

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Last edited by phasthound; 07-09-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-09-2009, 07:13 PM
americanlawn's Avatar
americanlawn americanlawn is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,652
ditto

Pretty nice to walk outside (tonight) & not get bitten. Guys -- the stuff truly works. And it lasts a long time. Try it & you will see. Summer here in Iowa is short enough...so we try to enjoy the outdoors as much as we can. Got some outdoor concerts & car shows as late as early November here -- we will utilize Mosquito Barrier for those events too, cuz it works, Thanks Barry for the fine products that Tech Terra offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
I can just imagine Larry spraying wildly into the air and cackling, "Take that you Skeeters!! You may bite all the others, but you won't bite ME!!"

The stuff works, and for me there is no better feeling than to be able to spray while the kids are playing in the pool & the dog is in the yard. Oh, wait, I can do that with almost all my applications.
__________________
Proud subscriber of TURF Magazine. (thanks Ron)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 PM
turf hokie's Avatar
turf hokie turf hokie is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Metro NY
Posts: 2,675
I have been reading this post, but only with a passing interest as we have never had a call for this service....UNTIL TODAY

How often do you recommend treatments? once per month? Do you set them up with a minimum number of apps? any gurantees?

The call I got is from a property manager that runs a few sites that total about 100 acres. He wants to meet on the first one and see how well the control goes. The properties are about an hour travel for me so I want to go in as knowlegeable and upfront about what to expect as I REALLY dont want any go backs that far away.

Thanks Larry and Barry
__________________
"What do you mean we canít get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
Walt Disney
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-10-2009, 08:02 AM
phasthound's Avatar
phasthound phasthound is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf hokie View Post
I have been reading this post, but only with a passing interest as we have never had a call for this service....UNTIL TODAY

How often do you recommend treatments? once per month? Do you set them up with a minimum number of apps? any gurantees?

The call I got is from a property manager that runs a few sites that total about 100 acres. He wants to meet on the first one and see how well the control goes. The properties are about an hour travel for me so I want to go in as knowlegeable and upfront about what to expect as I REALLY dont want any go backs that far away.

Thanks Larry and Barry
Bryan,

Check your email when you can, I sent you some info.

I recommend every 3 weeks. As long as it is applied correctly, it works.
__________________
Barry Draycott

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-10-2009, 06:32 PM
americanlawn's Avatar
americanlawn americanlawn is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,652
May I also add - Bryan, print off a Mosquito Barrier fact sheet to give to your customers. This will re-enforce what you tell them as to what it controls, etc.

BTW we love lightning bugs, and we don't have to worry about getting it in our pool or on pets. Also not harnful the our endangered honeybees.
__________________
Proud subscriber of TURF Magazine. (thanks Ron)
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-15-2009, 11:01 PM
CharlotteOutdoorImpact's Avatar
CharlotteOutdoorImpact CharlotteOutdoorImpact is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 253
Sprayer

Would a regular lesco skid sprayer work for this or should I have something else?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-16-2009, 10:23 AM
phasthound's Avatar
phasthound phasthound is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteOutdoorImpact View Post
Would a regular lesco skid sprayer work for this or should I have something else?
That's perfect!
__________________
Barry Draycott

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-16-2009, 05:07 PM
CharlotteOutdoorImpact's Avatar
CharlotteOutdoorImpact CharlotteOutdoorImpact is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 253
sprayer

Is there any other sprayer set up that might work.. I dont have a skid sprayer yet... Can I get a tank and one of those electric shurflo pumps and then the question... what gun for the end?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-16-2009, 06:10 PM
phasthound's Avatar
phasthound phasthound is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteOutdoorImpact View Post
Is there any other sprayer set up that might work.. I dont have a skid sprayer yet... Can I get a tank and one of those electric shurflo pumps and then the question... what gun for the end?
Many set ups work. It can be applied at 1.3 oz per gallon, 2 gal/1000. Give it 48 hours without rain, it works.
How to apply the product is easy to answer. How much labor & time is effective for your business is something you must answer. I wouldn't make any profit if I was applying with a back pack sprayer. Would you? I can't answer that.
__________________
Barry Draycott

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.08382 seconds with 8 queries