Register free!

Old 07-16-2009, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks

So I will do more research on sprayer set ups.. I wasn't asking what it takes to be profitable at all.. Just looking for ideas on different options of sprayer set ups.. I guess you need to have enough pressure and flow to get it up into trees..

Thanks I will be ordering some real soon. First I need a way to apply it.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteOutdoorImpact View Post
So I will do more research on sprayer set ups.. I wasn't asking what it takes to be profitable at all.. Just looking for ideas on different options of sprayer set ups.. I guess you need to have enough pressure and flow to get it up into trees..

Thanks I will be ordering some real soon. First I need a way to apply it.
It works when applied just to turf. All I'm trying to say is that it is very time consuming to apply by backpack.
On this forum, I am speaking to professionals, not homeowners. For pros efficiency means profits. No disrespect intended.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-17-2009, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Well I just got back from a camping trip to the Adirondacks for 5 days. If any one is familiar with the area, you know this is the ultimate test. In this setting I was using a hand can mixing on the high side of 2oz per gallon. The first day I sprayed it had rained in the afternoon and I sprayed the whole site. We did not have a single bite. The next day there seemed to be a little pressure and with it finally being dry I sprayed again and that was the last time. I didn't notice anyone have a problem for the next 2 or 3 nights. Friends stayed longer and are coming back to day so I will be checking again, but it was so easy and we are used to using all sorts of candles, torches and sprays to help but this stuff eliminates the problem! I'm sold, now I just have to find the best way to spread the word and make more believers.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

OK I am ready to buy this..

I want to try this out.. Where do I order it from... Did someone say Tech-Terra?
Old 07-17-2009, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Please go to our website below & contact us there.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-17-2009, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlclawnguy View Post
Well I just got back from a camping trip to the Adirondacks for 5 days. If any one is familiar with the area, you know this is the ultimate test. In this setting I was using a hand can mixing on the high side of 2oz per gallon. The first day I sprayed it had rained in the afternoon and I sprayed the whole site. We did not have a single bite. The next day there seemed to be a little pressure and with it finally being dry I sprayed again and that was the last time. I didn't notice anyone have a problem for the next 2 or 3 nights. Friends stayed longer and are coming back to day so I will be checking again, but it was so easy and we are used to using all sorts of candles, torches and sprays to help but this stuff eliminates the problem! I'm sold, now I just have to find the best way to spread the word and make more believers.
I'll be up in the NY woods for 2 weeks of R&R. You can bet I'll be bringing my backpack sprayer.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-31-2009, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just wanted to brag about how I just stepped in a big pile o poop.

Sold my first mosquito spray 10 acre site got over $200 per acre.

Then same manager calls with another site for mosquitos and black flies, 30 acres. gave him a break on the two sites but still in the $200 per acre range.

Had a buddy of mine call me the day after I told him about the organic mosquito controls, he sold 20 houses for me the same day I told him about it.

All I gotta say is the stuff better work, I just went with the go big or go home mentality on the mosquito control. So I hope it doesn't come back around and bite me (pun intended)

I will be spraying next week as it wont stop raining here.....again....
Old 07-31-2009, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good for you turf hokie. We've been pretty dry here for a month, but I see on National news the four inch rains you guys are getting.

I sprayed my 2 acres on July 4th morning. Worked fine, but then we received light frequent rains. So I sprayed again on July 11 -- now we can still go outside at night with no mosquito bites. But I'll probably spray again this weekend.

IMO Mosquito Barrier lasts a long time (weeks) unless you get a heavy rain or frequent light rains. Then you may want to spray more often for nearly 100% protection.

We enjoy watching the lightning bugs in our backyard at night. Got some lacewings too. Cool.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Good for you turf hokie. We've been pretty dry here for a month, but I see on National news the four inch rains you guys are getting.

I sprayed my 2 acres on July 4th morning. Worked fine, but then we received light frequent rains. So I sprayed again on July 11 -- now we can still go outside at night with no mosquito bites. But I'll probably spray again this weekend.

IMO Mosquito Barrier lasts a long time (weeks) unless you get a heavy rain or frequent light rains. Then you may want to spray more often for nearly 100% protection.

We enjoy watching the lightning bugs in our backyard at night. Got some lacewings too. Cool.
That is my only concern that with all the rain the product will not last as long as it should. And being that they were bigger accounts, I am a bit nervous about having to go back should the results not be satisfactory in the first 2-3 week period. that would suck to have to retreat those large properties.

We lost all of today, Heavy rain in the AM sent the guys home. Almost brougth them back after a 2 hour dry spell, but then it started thunder and lightning. Will have to drain my pool again tomorrow. I dont ever remember a summer that was this rainy. I have had to drain my pool several times and have not had to add water from evaporation yet.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tough deal buddy - heavy/frequent rains affect all mosquito products. Spray Talstar on one day, but there is little residual barrier. That's why we like MB.

My wife takes care of our pool, and everytime it rains, it changes the pH, etc. We cover the pool with a "solar panel" to keep the water temp warm & keep out most leaves. It's a never ending battle. I'm a "low maintenance" guy (like most), but rainfall affects pool water as well as mosquito protection.

Bottom line, Mosquito Barrier shines above all others. IMO