Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-11-2009, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Member

I've got a Stihl SR 420 backpack blower/mister and a case of mosquito barrier that should be in my hands by this Thursday or Friday. There's a company around here that is installing mosquito deterring systems right and left for an astronomical price. I'm going to try this out on a few houses and see how Alabama mosquitos react to it. If it's a good outcome, I'm going to start offering applications.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How is this working out for you fellas that just have the back pack sprayers?
Old 08-23-2009, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

We saw some control at 2oz per gallon. About 5-7 days with the backpack sprayer. It does take a long time apply with it. I have to get my mosquito control lic. before we can charge for it. Ohio dept. of Ag says you have to have a lic. to spray for mosquitoes even if it is an EPA 25b exempt product.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Received another "thank you" note today with her payment:

"Thanks!"
"The Mosquito Barrier allows our grandchildren to have so much fun in our yard!, Judy".

This lady has woods on both sides and a pond a few feet behind the backyard with tall grass between. (mosquito heaven)

Thanks Barry (phasthound) for providing our customers with a safe product that works.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Member

We have been using mosquito barrier this year. We do 5 services through the year. We charge $7.00/1000m. We have had great results with this product. We also have a one time application called a Party Spray. Several customers have had outdoor parties and we applied 2-3 days before and had no mosquitos. It is $9.00/1000m
Old 01-05-2011, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wanted to revive this old thread...

So Turf Hokie, how did the MB work for you?
Old 01-05-2011, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

we got some but failed to ever try it out, and of course this year was a bad year for those stupid useless pests!!!!

will have to give it a go testing in 2011, and if we like our results, take the test for it and start offering it!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Does it kill chinch bugs???

Here in Florida resistant chinch bugs have been bad,,many companies using the new pesticide arena costs are over $500.00 for a gallon, any thoughts??
Old 06-02-2011, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz250fpilot View Post
I've got a Stihl SR 420 backpack blower/mister and a case of mosquito barrier that should be in my hands by this Thursday or Friday. There's a company around here that is installing mosquito deterring systems right and left for an astronomical price. I'm going to try this out on a few houses and see how Alabama mosquitos react to it. If it's a good outcome, I'm going to start offering applications.
I tried this out with varying mixture ratios last year on my own home and honestly...I could not tell any reduction in mosquitoes. I put 3 different applications down then threw the rest of the case in my storage unit. I logged on today just out of curiosity to see what had transpired on this thread with others. It doesn't look like there is a whole lot of feedback.

On a sidenote, the stihl SR 420 is an AWESOME machine for applying liquid mixtures!! It did an amazing job!! Too bad it is sitting in my storage unit hardly used also!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz250fpilot View Post
I tried this out with varying mixture ratios last year on my own home and honestly...I could not tell any reduction in mosquitoes. I put 3 different applications down then threw the rest of the case in my storage unit. I logged on today just out of curiosity to see what had transpired on this thread with others. It doesn't look like there is a whole lot of feedback.

On a sidenote, the stihl SR 420 is an AWESOME machine for applying liquid mixtures!! It did an amazing job!! Too bad it is sitting in my storage unit hardly used also!
I think it the thread kinda died...sorry.

I can tell you this, I was not happy with the call backs we had. I have 3 cases sitting in my warehouse that went unused, we stopped advertising the service and only provide mosquito sprays when requested and we used traditional methods when we do, no call backs with the tried and true methods, I am disappointed it didnt work out, I had extremely high hopes and a customer base willing to buy......