Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-29-2009, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

illinois / iowa guys??????

The wife and I are going to be moving Illinois probably next year..I need to know how business is can the quad cities area stand another LCO ????? Also how do you guys in that area go about working in 2 states?Do you buy 2 business licenses????Thanks any help will be great.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Bump.....Anyone?????
Old 07-03-2009, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Member

once more....
Old 08-08-2009, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Member

we are flooded with lawn people here everyone and there brother is in it i laugh my head off i see small cars ith lawnmowers on the roof mini vans pulling trailers with mowers old truck with 3 bums in the back and 4 push mowers come join us all the outa work people are mowing
Old 08-11-2009, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Well thats great news!!!! I will bring my honda civic and my 21 incher and fit right in....... Do you think they will all go away soon???Have you seen that business is better ,worse ,or the same..I mean surely those guys arent making any money, are they?Sorry for all the questions I just need some info..Thanks
Old 08-11-2009, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Member

We just have to many low ballers here. these guys bid so hard aginst each other, we had one guy just say hey I will do it for free, to have your bussiness. now thats just dumb! springwise just moved in on alota good paying places, cuting prices down to nothing. one millionare's kid just got in the biz he bought my friend out. And he bids more work then he needs to for cheap. all i am saying is so many guys are outa work that they got the industry all messed up arownd here. its a zoo.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info.Not what I wanted to hear but thanks.lol..Maybe by next year they will have moved on to there next job.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I know we just got a real problem with all these guys like one guy is bidding $20 per acre on too big places at that point i would just sell my stuff, then there Percision lawn care he lives with his mom and hes about 55yrs old he has 3 guys mowing and he bids places like I-hop with a big burm and islands and a large corner lot for 35 bucks per mow just looking at it its a good $65 and thats low. then to top things off the owner the 55yr guy drives around and times everyone else that mows, then goes in after you leave and gives them a lower bid. So do you think we have a problem here. then today i seen a new mowing crew 3 blk guys in a truck called "chop-it-up" lawn care. i think they were thinking about coke. sorry this maybe hard to read i run on when i am mad.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Member

LOL Well just look at it this way all those guys are not making any money.They probably not insured,So il bet they wont be around to long.At least I hope not....I hope things turn around because I will be there probably within 2 years. Im coming there for a wedding next week maybe il see ya around .Thanks for the info.. By the way I have a harley as well.I was thinking on renting one for a day while I was there..
Old 08-13-2009, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Member

cool hey my name is Mike and my # is 563 676 9281 just give me a call we can talk more or ride when you get here.