Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-30-2009, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wright Mfg Customer Service Email

For the last couple months, I have been having problems with the deck on my Sentar clogging. I made several posts here on lawnsite and finally sent an email directly to Wright Mfg. I am posting my follow-up email here in the interest of full disclosure and have not been compensated or requested to do so by Wright Mfg. I feel it's only fair to give credit where it's due after complaining.

Jillian-

I want to express my appreciation for the customer service shown by Wright Mfg regarding the cutting problems I was having with my Sentar. As you can see below, I sent my email late Monday so you recieved it Tuesday. Wednesday afternoon I got a call from the EJ Smith distributer for Wright products. Otis and I made arrangements on Thursday for him to come to my house on Saturday at 10am to inspect the machine and discuss my problems.

Otis and another gentleman (whose name escapes me) arrived on time and began looking over my machine. Everything was in perfect order except for two issues. My tire pressures were a few pounds low but they said the most important issue was the underside of the deck had a buildup of clippings. Call it naive or stupid, I never had to scrape ANY of my commercial decks before. Accordingly, I never cleaned under the deck of my Sentar. The clipping buildup didn't look any worse than my other mowers so I ignored it. After pulling several shovel fulls of grass from under the mower, Otis told me to test it. The cut quality is much improved. They spent over an hour at my house and answered several questions and satisfied some of my concerns with the unit.

I appreciate your handling of the situation. I'm sorry to see the Wright Mfg Forum disappear from lawnsite- there had been a few negative threads recently so I hope that was not a factor in leaving. It was a useful tool in deciding what mower to purchase so I hope its disappearance is a temporary one.

I am also posting this email on lawnsite.com to give credit where it is due. I complained about the cut of my Sentar, my complaints were handled appropriately, so it is only fair to acknowledge that. Thank you.

Sincerely,

-Jeff-
"Now the guy's gotta come up with Paulie's money every week no matter what...'Business bad?- screw you, pay me.' 'Oh, you had a fire?- Screw you, Pay me.' 'Place got hit by lightning huh?, SCREW YOU, PAY ME'

- Ray Liotta as Henry Hill in Goodfellas
Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Member

That's outstanding service.....
Old 07-01-2009, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wonder if they would come to my house and look at my problems with the Sentar They took almost a month to get a clutch problem(new clutch wouldn't fit in the machine) solved with the local dealer.