Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-02-2009, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Kubota zg227 deck disscharge guard

I have a kubota zg 227 with a 54" deck and i am looking for a way to stop the discharge, in order to avoid filling flower beds with clippings. I know that some manuf. make these for their mowers does Kubota or does anyone have a idea that can help
Old 07-03-2009, 05:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.powerchutedesign.com/
Old 07-03-2009, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanx

Thanx a lot thats exactly what i was looking forhttp://www.lawnsite.com/images/smilies/drinkup.gif
Old 07-05-2009, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Small world Tater, I just got a ZG 54 earlier this week. It's my first ZTR and It's awesome. Ive been looking for a chute blocker since before I brought it home and just order a powerchute yesterday! I exchanged emails with Norm at powerchute and I think we may have to make some minor modifications to the deck/chute blocker to make them fit. It sounds like they only make the powerchute for the 60 and 72" prodecks. I asked him if he would be willing to make a custom plate for our model and he declined. Maybe you can persuade him now that he'll have two requests in two days.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah I can do that maybe that will get his attention, i remember reading somewhere that they work on the pro series deck and our 54s are the pro series i don't understand why the don't make it, but maybe we can change that
Old 07-06-2009, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I went ahead and order it anyway. Norm gave me some tips on modifying the deck plate. When you take the stock chute off the space between the tabs is only about 6". The plate for the power chute is 8". He suggested I grind slots into his plate so as to leave the OEM chute tabs intact. This should allow me to slide the plate in place. There may be a few other minor adjustments to be made. Power chute design is in Iowa and Im in Nebraska so it should be here pretty quick. I'll take some pictures and let you know how it turns out. But yeah, I wish they made our model with the Pro deck!

Oh quick questions for you, Ive only had mine for about a week or so and Ive only cut with it twice so far. Its my first ZTR so maybe its me but It seems to be pretty easy to tear up the grass. Not sure if its the tires, the weight or maybe I just suck at steering it at this point. Every notice any turf damage while using yours?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

They do make ours with a Pro Series mine came stock with one, and yes all ztrs will tear the ground up especially when wet, the Kubota is actually one of the best about not doing it but it def. still does. About the only thing you can do is take the turn arounds slower which I know is hard to do but you will find your own little tricks and ways to stop it. But i ensure you you are going to love the Kubota, I have owned evrything from dixies to exmarks including bad boys and the Kubota is the best all around I have used they are a little slower but make up for it in toughness and the quality of work they put out.

I thing for now I am going to make my own stationary plate for mine instead of the power chute it won't move but I still think it will work and if not it will only have two existing bolts holding it. I just think that the power chute's price is a little steep, I am a fabricattor and I know what the parts to make it cost (a lot less!!!) but for now im going to build my own but let me know how it works and ill tell you about my failure in building one and will prob order one!!! lol

2000 3/4 ton Chevy Suburban
6.5x12 dovetail with gate
Kubota commercial ztr
Husqvarna trimmer
Husqvarna back pack blower

"You ain't gonna miss your water till your well runs dry"
-Bob Marley-