Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-28-2014, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Unbiased Equipment Reviews

I've been researching either a mulch mule or the finn mts with little to no luck and it has caused me to think about what I feel is a MAJOR hazard of our industry.... equipment reviews or the lack of them. Even though the construction industry spends $$ on different types of equipment every year there is really no reliable source of equipment reviews. We really need a car & driver or consumer reports to come in and say buy the "bobcat skid" or "avoid that deere" I know we have several magazines that cater to the industry but to me they all just pretty much are just ads or rewrites of the corporate press release. Commercial trucks too... so hard to figure out $ and reliability.

Just a little rant from a guy who is tired of throwing down large sums of $ without stats.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I can agree with you. But opinions very so much. Hard to say, what works great for one guy is horrible for another.

I'm going to do a little research of where I saw something for sale and shoot you a pm.

I think you and me agree on the ditch witch skids though. The 755 is a AMAZING machine and the Zahn is pretty darn awesome also.
Glad I got the very last 755 available in michigan all thanks to your warning.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-28-2014, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

glad to hear. I love my 755 as well so sad the EPA targeted those. I personally love clean air but don't believe those little engines would ever burn enough fuel to make a difference.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Member

I can get you some contact names and numbers of proud Mulch Mule owners... The reason there aren't an overwhelming amount of reviews on them is because there are only about 180 of them out there.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If everyone wrote reviews like KSSS, we could get get information. I can't stand the "my dad's buddy" stories about this or that machine. When you have over 10,000 hours in a machine, that's when I want to hear what you think. just kidding but that would weed out the guy who borrowed his friend's broke down backhoe and now hates that brand.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing