Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


 
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-25-2009, 09:46 AM
wolbbf wolbbf is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 11
Super Z or Super Z HT for bagging?

I am looking at getting a SZ 66 31 kawa and a bagger. I read the Super Z HT was good for bagging. Which one should I get? Will the HT be better? I do not have many hills to deal with. Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device
  #2  
Old 06-25-2009, 10:52 AM
mowerconsultant's Avatar
mowerconsultant mowerconsultant is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,756
This is going to depend on whether your catching all the time or just seasonally or for specific accounts.
The HT isn't available in the 66" only in the 31/60 or 30/60.
If your using it full time then I would go with a HT, but your going to have to go down to a 60" deck.

Pj
__________________
  #3  
Old 06-25-2009, 12:05 PM
wolbbf wolbbf is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant View Post
This is going to depend on whether your catching all the time or just seasonally or for specific accounts.
The HT isn't available in the 66" only in the 31/60 or 30/60.
If your using it full time then I would go with a HT, but your going to have to go down to a 60" deck.

Pj
I will be bagging 80 percent of the time. Will I burn out the hydros on the SZ? What would be the pros and cons of each for this application? I like the ground speed of the SZ but I want to be smart about my purchase. Thank you PJ
Posted via Mobile Device
  #4  
Old 06-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Keith's Avatar
Keith Keith is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,915
Doh! I just read this and found out what I want, they don't make. I had narrowed it down to buying another 60" Super Z, but this time in the HT model. I just found out about the HT a few months back, and decided it would be perfect since we do so many homes on hills. Now you ruin it for me and say you can't get an HT with the 28 EFI Man, that blows. Back to square one.

You don't have a C.O.P.O. ordering system like Chevrolet had back in the 60's, do ya Pj? LOL. Where special dealers could order stuff that doesn't really exist in the order guide Seriously, that was going to be my next mower.
  #5  
Old 06-29-2009, 12:10 PM
mowerconsultant's Avatar
mowerconsultant mowerconsultant is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolbbf View Post
I will be bagging 80 percent of the time. Will I burn out the hydros on the SZ? What would be the pros and cons of each for this application? I like the ground speed of the SZ but I want to be smart about my purchase. Thank you PJ
Posted via Mobile Device
The added weight and stress on the drive system of bagging that much, I would suggest the HT for sure.

Pj
__________________
  #6  
Old 06-29-2009, 12:12 PM
mowerconsultant's Avatar
mowerconsultant mowerconsultant is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Doh! I just read this and found out what I want, they don't make. I had narrowed it down to buying another 60" Super Z, but this time in the HT model. I just found out about the HT a few months back, and decided it would be perfect since we do so many homes on hills. Now you ruin it for me and say you can't get an HT with the 28 EFI Man, that blows. Back to square one.

You don't have a C.O.P.O. ordering system like Chevrolet had back in the 60's, do ya Pj? LOL. Where special dealers could order stuff that doesn't really exist in the order guide Seriously, that was going to be my next mower.
Unfortunately it can't be ordered that way.
__________________
  #7  
Old 06-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Keith's Avatar
Keith Keith is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant View Post
Unfortunately it can't be ordered that way.

Please ask them to consider this model in the future. Unless there is some inherent reason why the 28 Kohler would not work.
  #8  
Old 06-29-2009, 03:10 PM
mowerconsultant's Avatar
mowerconsultant mowerconsultant is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Please ask them to consider this model in the future. Unless there is some inherent reason why the 28 Kohler would not work.
I will let the guys know that need to see this.

Pj
__________________
  #9  
Old 06-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Keith's Avatar
Keith Keith is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,915
Good deal. I appreciate it.
  #10  
Old 07-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Imow4u2's Avatar
Imow4u2 Imow4u2 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: West Chester,IA
Posts: 377
my dealer told me this afternoon that E.F.I. is now a special order, an u must get 4 at a crack to qualify for free freight..
__________________
2010 Hustler 31/66
2010 Hustler 31/66
2007 Hustler Z 25/60 (Sold 1099 hrs.)
2006 Hustler Super Z 28 E.F.I. 66 (Sold 1079 hrs.)
John Deere 420 60" mower
Cub 48 hydro walk
Misc. Stihl and Shindiawa
2005 F-350 PSD DRW 4X4
2004 f-250 CCSB Lariat 4X4
2003 JD 4310 hydro 430 loader
2003 Grizzly W 60" state plow
1985 F-250 6.9 4 speed
Western 7' 6" pro-wings
6X14 single axle
20' open Trailer
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 AM.

Page generated in 0.10365 seconds with 10 queries