Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-11-2009, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Grandstand mulching blades/stripe kit

Just visited my dealer today and purchased a new GrandStand 48/23. Sure hoping the problems on this forum are not my problems! Dealer wasnt clear about mulching blades. I did order the mulch kit, which he said came with the Recycler blades. I asked about the Atomic blades and he told me that these were not for use with the the mulching kit, but were used with the discharge chute. Can anyone offer authoritative guidance on Recycler vs Atomic mulch blades?

The GrandStand brochure indicates a stripe kit available in 2009. My choice of this mower was made in part on this representation. Anyone know the status of the stripe kit and how to get one? Dealer didnt know anything about it - made a few calls but no answers.

Thanks,

WT
Old 07-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Sponsor

whytech -

Your dealer was correct, Recycler blades are included with the Recycler mulching kit and Atomic (toothed) blades should be used in side discharge mode only, similar to Gator blades. They were not designed to be used with the Recycler mulching baffles and kickers.

The roller striper accessory kit is still in engineering development and not available at this time. Unfortunately we don’t have an ETA at this point.

- The Toro Company
Old 08-02-2009, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytech View Post
Just visited my dealer today and purchased a new GrandStand 48/23. Sure hoping the problems on this forum are not my problems! Dealer wasnt clear about mulching blades. I did order the mulch kit, which he said came with the Recycler blades. I asked about the Atomic blades and he told me that these were not for use with the the mulching kit, but were used with the discharge chute. Can anyone offer authoritative guidance on Recycler vs Atomic mulch blades?

The GrandStand brochure indicates a stripe kit available in 2009. My choice of this mower was made in part on this representation. Anyone know the status of the stripe kit and how to get one? Dealer didnt know anything about it - made a few calls but no answers.

Thanks,

WT

I e-mailed Toro Customer Service about getting a Stripping Kit for the Grandstand in May 2009 and got a reply a few days later saying the Kit will be available in 2009. WTF. I replyed with, since this is May 2009 can you be a little more specific and never got a reply.

Go to www.bigleaguelawns.com for a stripping kit on the Grandstand. I have a 48" Deck and recommend the 39" Stripping Kit.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Sponsor

Bob n weave -

A striping roller kit is in the final stages of testing and is expected to be in production later this fall.

-The Toro Company
Old 01-05-2010, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

any news on that striping kit???
Old 01-07-2010, 04:28 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't have grandstand experience but I did find on a Gravely that the raptor/gator type blades improved its mulching performance, especially with leaves. The higher lift seemed to help a lot. Experiment around I'd say.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Cut View Post
any news on that striping kit???
Lazer Cut - The roller striping kit for the 48", 52", and 60" GrandStand models is now in production. The Toro part number is 114-3521. Availability is expected by the end of this month.

A similar striping kit will be produced for the new 36" and 40" models ... additional information to follow.

-The Toro Company