Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-16-2009, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Jay! Now that's what I'm talking about!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I simply don't understand some of the professionals I see and hear about.

Keep your equipment clean, maintained and in top opperating condition and you will see a larger return on your investment. A stitch in time saves 9 as they used to say. I'm a big advocate of saving money. I'd rather spend a few bucks on some "insurance" for my equipment, than pay a lot more later.

Examples.

Fertilizers and spreaders. If you aren't using Fluid Film on these units after washing and drying them at least once per week then you are losing money. Fluid film has saved my guys a TON of down-time and repair $$$ in fighting the corrosion so common with fertilizer and ice-melting agents.

I personally don't use FF under mowing decks past the spring wet season, but everything that pivots or moves that doesn't have a zerk needs fluid-film is our motto.

Remember, anti-corrosives and lubricants like FF save money. Makes a unit last longer, operate with less friction which means longer component life and lower fuel consumption.

My Girlfriend wants a Lawnsite T-shirt so that I'll pay attention to her some of the time.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLMARatOS View Post
I simply don't understand some of the professionals I see and hear about.

Keep your equipment clean, maintained and in top opperating condition and you will see a larger return on your investment. A stitch in time saves 9 as they used to say. I'm a big advocate of saving money. I'd rather spend a few bucks on some "insurance" for my equipment, than pay a lot more later.

Examples.

Fertilizers and spreaders. If you aren't using Fluid Film on these units after washing and drying them at least once per week then you are losing money. Fluid film has saved my guys a TON of down-time and repair $$$ in fighting the corrosion so common with fertilizer and ice-melting agents.

I personally don't use FF under mowing decks past the spring wet season, but everything that pivots or moves that doesn't have a zerk needs fluid-film is our motto.

Remember, anti-corrosives and lubricants like FF save money. Makes a unit last longer, operate with less friction which means longer component life and lower fuel consumption.
I am big on maintenace as well. Just dont us FF. I used their sample can and i think its a good product but not willing to spend hundreds on it. I dont see the return from it.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 07-16-2009, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano50 View Post
The average cost for a regular, 11 3/4 oz can is around $8.50. The easiest way to find your closest retailer is here.
i found it for $6 a can but don't tell anyone
Old 07-16-2009, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano50 View Post
Are you still complaining about the price?

It's all about performance, my friend. Fluid Film is not that expensive.
all some people know how to do is complain it's what makes them happy
Old 07-16-2009, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYNYRD View Post
all some people know how to do is complain it's what makes them happy
and others like to throw stones. ha ha ha

SOLO OPERATION
Old 07-16-2009, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
and others like to throw stones. ha ha ha
do you think the glass house i live in is safe

Old 07-16-2009, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Member

How much does an aerosol can of WD40 cost these days? Cuz all I use it for is drying and cleaning electrical connections.

Hook up with a dealer or online sales place and FF is economical especially when you consider how far a can actually goes. I also use it by the gallon and spray it from a wagner power-shot sprayer on large areas like dump-beds during salting season. Undercoat a truck in a few minutes and it'll still be there in the spring.

One or two quick shots and a pivot point is lubed for the season, spray it in your trimmer head and the string doesn't weld together. I hear it also makes a great sheep-flavored non-stick cooking spray. HAHA

My Girlfriend wants a Lawnsite T-shirt so that I'll pay attention to her some of the time.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
How much does an aerosol can of WD40 cost these days? Cuz all I use it for is drying and cleaning electrical connections.

Hook up with a dealer or online sales place and FF is economical especially when you consider how far a can actually goes. I also use it by the gallon and spray it from a wagner power-shot sprayer on large areas like dump-beds during salting season. Undercoat a truck in a few minutes and it'll still be there in the spring.

One or two quick shots and a pivot point is lubed for the season, spray it in your trimmer head and the string doesn't weld together. I hear it also makes a great sheep-flavored non-stick cooking spray. HAHA
*disclaimer

fluid film should not be used as a cooking spray

Old 07-16-2009, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

on ebay you can get 2 18 ounce cans for $5.

SOLO OPERATION