Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
View Poll Results: How many accounts do you have?
1-10 41 15.36%
11-25 73 27.34%
26-50 60 22.47%
61-100 50 18.73%
100 and up 43 16.10%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Father&Daughter Lawn care's Avatar
Father&Daughter Lawn care Father&Daughter Lawn care is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Richmond Indiana
Posts: 381
I ended up this year with 30 accounts. Some take as long as 2 hrs and some as short as 15min. I am a Solo operator in my first year full time. I worked for another company for 6 yrs until I went out on my own. All my accounts are residential. I am hoping to pick up just a few small commercial accounts next year. I would be thrilled with 50 accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Father&Daughter Lawn care's Avatar
Father&Daughter Lawn care Father&Daughter Lawn care is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Richmond Indiana
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Started down here in Feb. of this year - 36 weekly clients - Solo - Planned growth by spring of next year is to be roughly 50-55, maybe slightly more as my son will be twelve and is wants to do this, so I will allow him to used equip on weekends. Kid is going to have some cash built up by the time he is 16.
My 11 yr old daughter helps me out during the summer. She is in charge of the blower and picking up limbs and trash. I have three nice wide open flat yards she uses the gravely on. She has already learned the value of a dollar. amazing how something like heelys aren't so important when she can choose to buy them with her money and not mine.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-13-2009, 10:25 PM
XLS XLS is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: southern middle tennessee
Posts: 2,038
father daughter i am glad you found the thread for ask me how many accounts we have , did you find it or just post your details?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-13-2009, 11:22 PM
a plus bob's Avatar
a plus bob a plus bob is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father&Daughter Lawn care View Post
My 11 yr old daughter helps me out during the summer. She is in charge of the blower and picking up limbs and trash. I have three nice wide open flat yards she uses the gravely on. She has already learned the value of a dollar. amazing how something like heelys aren't so important when she can choose to buy them with her money and not mine.
My daughter started about that age next season I hope she will take over the mowing crew she got her drivers lic. in sept.She wants a S10 to drive and mow with or a Jeep wrangler
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Perfect touch landscapes Perfect touch landscapes is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bothell Wa, Woodinville Wa
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeleafllc View Post
Yah im with you on this one,not to sure what its ganna get yah.But hell ill play along. we service 340 weekly,about 90 of them are full service meaning we do everything from annuals to staging for gatherings. about 250 fert customers..and 7 very large retirement communities that we maintain everything from the out side to inside. thous buildings take a crew of 4 around 45 to 50 hrs a week in the summer and around 20 hrs a week in the winter....
sorry for the crap grammar im in a rush
Allen
Can I ask you a question? What services you do on the inside, and how does set up for gatherings working out for you
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Father&Daughter Lawn care's Avatar
Father&Daughter Lawn care Father&Daughter Lawn care is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Richmond Indiana
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
father daughter i am glad you found the thread for ask me how many accounts we have , did you find it or just post your details?
What I find amazing is that you claim to have so many accounts and so many areas you service yet nothing comes up in an Internet search. Nothing comes up in a search of the state site. Nothing even comes up in a search for phones. Do you advertise? You claim to cover almost 300 miles of work area yet nothing. With all these accounts and "franchise" opportunities I was certain something would have been on the Internet. Just curious how do you list your business for tax purposes? Are you a sole proprietor, LLC, Corporation or what? How are your employees taxed? Are they employees or independent contractors?

I am not trying to be shitty here I just want to try and figure out how you became so large so fast. You have got to be one of the top 10 largest companies on this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Father&Daughter Lawn care's Avatar
Father&Daughter Lawn care Father&Daughter Lawn care is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Richmond Indiana
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by a plus bob View Post
My daughter started about that age next season I hope she will take over the mowing crew she got her drivers lic. in sept.She wants a S10 to drive and mow with or a Jeep wrangler
My daughter may decide not to continue with this company when she gets older. Who knows. I hope to have one of those Ford Ranger mowers for her to drive when and if she does take over.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-14-2009, 09:41 AM
kemco's Avatar
kemco kemco is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 387
Right at 150 total, about 100 weekly, 50 bi. All res except for 1 commercial with a 3-4 man crew (one guy doesnt work all the time). We are tapped out at the # of accounts we can service with this crew, need to set up another.
__________________
www.KemcoLawnServices.com
www.GotLeaves.com
2008 F-350 Super Duty Dually gas guzzler
14x7 landscaping trailer
12x6 P&T hydro dump trailer w/leaf box
We run Gravely ZTRs, Honda 21"s, Kawasaki trimmers, Redmax Backpacks, LittleWonder loader
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-14-2009, 04:23 PM
XLS XLS is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: southern middle tennessee
Posts: 2,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father&Daughter Lawn care View Post
What I find amazing is that you claim to have so many accounts and so many areas you service yet nothing comes up in an Internet search. Nothing comes up in a search of the state site. Nothing even comes up in a search for phones. Do you advertise? You claim to cover almost 300 miles of work area yet nothing. With all these accounts and "franchise" opportunities I was certain something would have been on the Internet. Just curious how do you list your business for tax purposes? Are you a sole proprietor, LLC, Corporation or what? How are your employees taxed? Are they employees or independent contractors?

I am not trying to be shitty here I just want to try and figure out how you became so large so fast. You have got to be one of the top 10 largest companies on this forum.
And nothing will , we are at our buisness ceiling and have no need for major advertising at all , we use different marketing tactics than many here ,to alll our own . why franchise when you can own , is you managment skills lacking here? its like buying new or used trucks to traim guys to pull trailers , it just dont make much sence to me.
i list my business names the way my lawyer and accountant says too. not real complicated unless you want it to be . yep i am sole owner and dont plan to change it and have no need to . for general purposes its called a 1099 fourm . i am no bigger then anyone on here i can relate to anyone here because i personally have been there , this is why i dont bash someone on here that is new , because everyday is new to me . we all just look at things differently ,with the same outcomes .

10 years in business starting with 100 accounts and growing everyyear is how we growed so big . please dont take as bragging i am no better then anyone here i know many who gross more money a year .
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Father&Daughter Lawn care's Avatar
Father&Daughter Lawn care Father&Daughter Lawn care is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Richmond Indiana
Posts: 381
XLS,
Don't get me wrong I am not trying to be a dick. I am just figuring out who I am talking to. I am curious as to how big your company is and how many accounts you service and in what area of Tennessee. How much equipment you have and what type.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.11802 seconds with 8 queries