Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-19-2009, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Adjusting cutting height

I have a toro 60" with a 27 Kawasaki LQ. It is a 2004 model. I need to adjust the cutting height up and need to know the easiest way.

thanks
Old 07-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlykins View Post
I have a toro 60" with a 27 Kawasaki LQ. It is a 2004 model. I need to adjust the cutting height up and need to know the easiest way.

thanks
scotlykins -

An educated guess is the model you are referring to is a model 74250. This procedure is described in the owner's manual on page 23.

Attached are the instructions from the Owner's Manual.

- The Toro Company
Attached Files
File Type: doc height of cut.doc (49.5 KB, 30 views)
Old 07-23-2009, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Member

It is the 74250. And I was able to figure out how to adjust the pin and lever in the five years I have owned the mower.

The overall height of the deck is my concern. It has, over the years, lost a half an inch of cutting height. Can the threaded bolt be adjusted to raise the deck? Or taking a link out of the chain???
Old 07-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlykins View Post
It is the 74250. And I was able to figure out how to adjust the pin and lever in the five years I have owned the mower.

The overall height of the deck is my concern. It has, over the years, lost a half an inch of cutting height. Can the threaded bolt be adjusted to raise the deck? Or taking a link out of the chain???
Scotlykins -

Since you reference adjusting the threaded bolt or removing a chain link, thereís a section in the owners manual that dealers with Adjusting the Front-to-Rear Mower Pitch and Leveling the Mower Side-to-Side. Following these procedures typically will resolve issues of Height of Cut. Not sure if you saw this in your owners manual, or if you gave it a try without success? Let us know.

- The Toro Company
Old 07-25-2009, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I will try the leveling adjustments. The mower cuts fine; just low. I had not thought of the front pitch being low. I will give it a try and see how it works out. thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Bingo !!!

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Why does Toro technical support only help their dealers and not the actual owners of their products ????
Old 08-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Sponsor

Scotlykins -

Toro customer care will work with owners of the product, but typically a physical diagnosis is required to resolve most products issues. This isn't something that is easily done over the phone. That is why we commonly refer end users back to their local dealer. Really no different than how the majority of durable goods manufacturers handle service and customer care. Take automobiles for instance, the local dealer is responsible for resolving service issues, not the manufacturer.

- The Toro Company