Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-19-2009, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Payroll Services

I suck with paperwork and taxes and pay other people to do that stuff for me so I dont mess up. Even though my company is pretty small. I have used ADP for the past year and a half and they have been great to work with until this past six months. They arent as friendly and usefull as they used to be and im tired of thier charges. Its $72 everytime you process payroll and it is just getting too expensive. They have nice features like taking out all the taxes out of your account immediately and filling and and paying them for you each quarter which really is nice when money is always pretty tight.

But getting tired of the high fees and having to call during business hours to process payroll has recently gotten too frustrating for me and I went on the hunt for another service. I found www.paycycle.com and just started thier service. Needless to say, im very very impressed so far. I have only used it for a week but the features it is really cool so far. You can get the tax breakdown to write your own checks right away and also report it all for each pay period. Then for each quarter you can have all the proper forms printed with all your info on them so all you have to do is sign them and mail in the check. OR you can file them electronically! The site is very easy to navigate and it has A lot of other resurces like all your states new hire forms and reporting new hires. You can also have direct deposit for any employee FOR FREE WITHOUT APPROVAL unlike ADP. You can create reports and keep very good record keeping. The best part is thier pricing. They charge monthly and have 2 different price plans with the big plan only being $42 a month! On top of that, they have a 30 day free trial and then only $10/month for the following 2 months following the trial. I am pretty excited to be using this service which is why im typing this review. I dont get reffereall kickbacks or anything im just trying to help out someone that may be un happy with thier current service. They also have pay by pay workmans comp ins too.

Any way, just trying to pass on my experiance hoping it helps someone else as much as it has helped me.

My off site picture album HERE
Old 07-20-2009, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats great I know for a lot of smaller guys that don't have an office staff to deal with payroll thats a big expense. Shopping around can save some good money.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I think paycycle is a great. I have been using their service for a few years now