Register free!


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #51  
Old 07-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Mid-Ohio Scaper's Avatar
Mid-Ohio Scaper Mid-Ohio Scaper is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
What an attorney or judge will do is they will go straight to the source. They'll review the state's statues.

I can not research all 50 states but here is MD's Transportation statues. It's broken down fairly well and once you know the classifications (Ex: Class F tractor, Class G trailer) it's pretty straight forward.

http://mlis.state.md.us/asp/web_statutes.asp?gtr&16-104


,
I understand what you're trying to get across. But the fact still remains, You're not a lawyer and you are in no position to give legal advise what so ever.
Everyone interprets the law differently, what may be enforced in Maryland, isn't in Montana. Even though it's still a federal law.

If you want someone to just tell you you're right....... Then you're right, end of conversation. This ridiculous thread can stop until someone comes to the table with it written in layman's terms by a lawyer so everyone here has no trouble understanding it.
  #52  
Old 07-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
Da-gone-it!

Maybe it's some sort of conspiracy? Even the State of PA is WRONG!!!

How dare they allow this website to post INACCURATE information?

Isn't there someone I can call or e-mail to complain? I AM SO MAD.

http://www.cdl-course.com/faq-pa.html

Loryd, guess I'll have to see if VA, WV, DE, and NJ are allowing such non-sense to be posted as well. I am so mad I think what I'll do is take off work tomorrow to research these 4 states.


,
Hmmm....Did you miss something


Quote:
When do I need a Pennsylvania CDL instead of my regular Pennsylvania Drivers License?

A Pennsylvania CDL is required if you operate any of the following CMV's . . .

2. A vehicle towing a unit with a manufacturer's GVWR of more than 10,000 lbs. when the GCWR exceeds 26,000 lbs

So what is required to pull 10k+ when the GCWR doesn't exceed 26k?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
  #53  
Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
Silly me posting false information!

Note to self: Make a New Years resolution to cease and desist the constant posting of inaccurate facts on the www.

But wait!

Better call the MVA, as their website (see link below) is ALL wrong too!

The lawnsite members are all wrong!

The commercial vehicle safety enforcement officials are all wrong!

The judges are all wrong!

http://www.marylandmva.com/DriverSer...censeclass.htm


Lemme guess, even Fluffy's significant other loads the dish washer all wrong, too?



,
This link doesn't tell us anything.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
  #54  
Old 07-24-2009, 02:43 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
What an attorney or judge will do is they will go straight to the source. They'll review the state's statues.

I can not research all 50 states but here is MD's Transportation statues. It's broken down fairly well and once you know the classifications (Ex: Class F tractor, Class G trailer) it's pretty straight forward.

http://mlis.state.md.us/asp/web_statutes.asp?gtr&16-104


That da-gone Maryland General Assembly, how dare they be WRONG!!!



'


,
You previouse link makes more sense now.

Non commercial "C"
Quote:
Any non-commercial combination of motor vehicles with a GVW less than 26,001 pounds

The truck and trailer combo that we have been talking about falls under a Non commercial Class "C" based on the following definition of "CMV"

Quote:
§16–803.

(c) (1) “Commercial motor vehicle (CMV)” means a motor vehicle or combination of motor vehicles used to transport passengers or property, if the motor vehicle:
(i) Has a gross combination weight rating of 26,001 or more pounds inclusive of a towed unit with a gross vehicle weight rating of more than 10,000 pounds;
(ii) Has a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 or more pounds;
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
  #55  
Old 07-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
A little update for Devious (Burnthecouch, you may find this interesting also)

I did the homework you should have done before making statements that you can't backup.

I sent a email to the PennDot asking them this question....

Quote:
Subject: CDL Requirments

Message: I was wondering if I would need a CDL to drive my F250 with a
GVWR of 9200 lbs. while pulling my gooseneck trailer with a GVWR of
14,000 lbs. ( GCWR of 23,200 lbs.) ?

Thank you.
As to which this was the response from PennDot....

Quote:

Thank you for contacting Driver and Vehicle Services.

You may contact your home state of residents to inquire about your
driver's license and their CDL regulations.

Our state of Pennsylvania (PA) will not require a CDL drivers license if
the gross combination weight is not over 26,001 pounds. Here is a link
that may be helpful from our website:
http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms...ets/fs-cdl.pdf

Thank you for your inquiry,
Mark Brizuela
PA Department of Transportation
www.dmv.state.pa.us
What a coincidence, this is what I have been saying all along.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
  #56  
Old 07-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Devious,

Look what I found in your homestate of MD's CDL handbook, that pesky little flow chart that you claimed was not for your state.

I realize these flow charts are above your pay grade but oh well here it is again.

(ps what would the judge think of this?)

http://www.marylandmva.com/Resources/DL-151.pdf
Attached Images
 
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
  #57  
Old 07-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Last one for you

Now I typically don't like website that are not specifically DOT websites but this one that you referenced looks to be legit.

http://www.cdl-course.com/faq-pa.html

A couple minutes of searching proves that all states dicussed in this thread, my home state and all states neighboring my home state, have the same CDL requirements, the one thing that you and I agree on.

Since all states have the same requirments this little chart from my home states CDL handbook should clear up any doubt for you.

(Pay special attention to line 15 that says you could pull a 20k trailer with no CDL and a standard class "D" license)
Attached Images
 
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
  #58  
Old 07-31-2009, 12:21 AM
DeereHauler's Avatar
DeereHauler DeereHauler is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Central Pa
Posts: 605
maybe i missed it in the thread, or maybe its a local thing. but its my understanding i also need a "health card" issued by my doctor to haul anything over 17,000, single, or in combination.
__________________
I have a truck, a trailer, and a shovel, now i'm a landscaper, show me the money!
  #59  
Old 07-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeereHauler View Post
maybe i missed it in the thread, or maybe its a local thing. but its my understanding i also need a "health card" issued by my doctor to haul anything over 17,000, single, or in combination.
Could be.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
  #60  
Old 07-31-2009, 06:08 PM
DVS Hardscaper's Avatar
DVS Hardscaper DVS Hardscaper is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: County Jail
Posts: 5,896
3 states that I'm familiar with - you need a DOT Physical for operating any commercial unit over 10,000# gvw.




Duffster -

If I wanted to search the net and find an article that states burning brush is more environmentaly friendly than grinding brush - I'll surley find such an article.

Good grief, you can devote all the time you wish in attempt to prove me wrong, I encourage it. Seriously, why argue with me, I'm not the one writing the tickets nor am I the one who holds the gabble. But I do have some friends who write tickets!

Perhaps - we shall stop and think about this. Ok, we all know it's illegal to get behind the wheel and drive drunk. We don't need a thread about drunk driving laws, because this is a known fact. I initiated the topic becase most folks are not aware that in most states a *Class A* IS required when you hook up to a trailer over 10,000#

I posted the anoted code that is provided by my state's General Assembly. The anoted code is the law. Anyone who is uncertain about the law for their state - another avenue is to go straight to your stated anoted codes and look it up.


Don't shoot the messenger!


,
__________________
"It's You vs. You"

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"


My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 07-31-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 AM.

Page generated in 0.11596 seconds with 8 queries