Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 08-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
Duffster, you're quite a riot!

I'm not going to hold your hand, but approximately a week ago I posted either the link to the statute, or I pasted the statue in one of my posts in this thread (I don't remember which I did). If you're interested in seeing the statue, then I suggest you find my post that contains it.

You've literally devoted a vast amount of time telling me I am wrong. I know of a handfull of people that have been cited for the violation aforementioned in the opening post. Some of them appeared in court, in which the violations were found to be true.

A few participants in this forum have chimed in and said "I have been cited for this violation, such a violation does exist", and you're still are hellbent on making a point to say that no such violation exists! LOL

If in some states no such law exists, so be it!

If folks have been wrongfully ticketed, so be it!

If in some states the law does exist, so be it!

If someone is cited for such a violation and they're infact wrongfully cited, hopefully now that they've seen this topic, they'll be able to appear in court and say to the judge "hey, not so fast your honor, the officer is mis-interpreting the law".

I have a buddy whom a few years ago ticketed a guy for trespassing (partying on private property). My buddy ran into the guy's attorney at Walmart one evening. The attorney said "hey, I'm representing John Doe for a trespassing ticket you gave him, I looked up the statute and it says the land owner must 1st issue a no trespassing letter before someone can be charged with trespassing, do you mind if I bring this to the judge's attention?" My buddy replied "if thats how it is, then I have no problem with that". Same scenerio could go for the topic at hand if that's the case.




,
Devious, you have proven yourself to be an illiterate buffoon.

You started a thread about something of which you know nothing about and when corrected you can only berate me, yet can't even put your finger on the statute that proves your point and can only repost links to something you can/have not read.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
  #72  
Old 08-03-2009, 06:19 PM
shovelracer shovelracer is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
I don't know bout NJ, but you may wanna check on that.

I know in other states it doesn't matter if it's a "combination" unit or not. You need a DOT # and DOT physical if you're operating a commercial vehicle. A commercial vehicle is then defined as any vehicle with a GVW at 10,000# or more.


,
I think you miss read me. I intended what you posted. An F350 single requires DOT as well as a Toyota Tacoma pulling 5K. If your GVWR is over 10K whether single or in combination you need DOT. This is federal, NJ doesnt do separate DOT like some states, they just follow federal. They do enforce it though. I went and got our stuff DOT'ed a few years ago. Physical, inspections, maintenance records, fire extinguishers, etc. Although probably 19 out of 20 around here dont have it.
  #73  
Old 08-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Bru75's Avatar
Bru75 Bru75 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 587
Click this link:
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...01633480023243

Read question #2
  #74  
Old 08-04-2009, 12:45 PM
SimonCX's Avatar
SimonCX SimonCX is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: central nj
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelracer View Post
I think you miss read me. I intended what you posted. An F350 single requires DOT as well as a Toyota Tacoma pulling 5K. If your GVWR is over 10K whether single or in combination you need DOT. This is federal, NJ doesnt do separate DOT like some states, they just follow federal. They do enforce it though. I went and got our stuff DOT'ed a few years ago. Physical, inspections, maintenance records, fire extinguishers, etc. Although probably 19 out of 20 around here dont have it.
Actually this is not true, as long as you don't leave nj you don't need dot #'s if your over 10k. I called the fmcsa and the local state police to get help filling online and was asked a couple questions about weight of vehicles and the main thing was, are the trucks going to leave the state or be over 26k combined. Go on the website and try to fill out the form with the help option if you check that you don't leave nj and are under 26k and no haz it won't even let you fill. That is the reason most guys don't have dot's in nj.
  #75  
Old 08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
shovelracer shovelracer is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,009
You may be right. It has been a while since we got ours. Even if it did come up we still got it because we do on occasion cross over into PA or NY to get equipment or hard to find supplies.
  #76  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:17 PM
SimonCX's Avatar
SimonCX SimonCX is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: central nj
Posts: 729
Yeh, we didn't get them because the work trucks never leave the state. For now nj doesn't mandate it as long as you don't cross state lines.
  #77  
Old 08-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru75 View Post
I think we are starting to see a pattern here.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
  #78  
Old 12-14-2011, 10:42 AM
JoeyDipetro JoeyDipetro is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 117
I don't care who you are, this thread is funny!

Now, out here in CA DVS would be correct. We do need a CDL to tow a trailer with a GVWR of 10,001 or greater.

However, I think we might be the only state with that requirement. I wouldn't base my understanding of a law on a police officer's ticket. They make mistakes too and all too often when it comes to CDL issues.
  #79  
Old 12-14-2011, 11:24 AM
DVS Hardscaper's Avatar
DVS Hardscaper DVS Hardscaper is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: County Jail
Posts: 5,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDipetro View Post
I don't care who you are, this thread is funny!

Now, out here in CA DVS would be correct. We do need a CDL to tow a trailer with a GVWR of 10,001 or greater.

However, I think we might be the only state with that requirement. I wouldn't base my understanding of a law on a police officer's ticket. They make mistakes too and all too often when it comes to CDL issues.

Very very well said. Although CA is not the only state, MD is right there with them. Many guys have heavy trailers and don't want to accept that they need a class A to pull it with their pick em up truck.

I have many police friends, and yes they do make mistakes in ticket writing, and I can list true stories as examples.

However, the DOT police in MD do not play around. My buddy did not go I court, which he could have, his company paid the fine.

I'd bet that the ticket written was legit, a scale house on a major interstate, I'm sure the trooper writes tickets for said violation multiple times per week. Surely if the trooper was wrong, a judge would have set him straight.

.
Posted via Mobile Device
  #80  
Old 12-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
Although CA is not the only state, MD is right there with them.
Wrong DA. CA is the only one.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Page generated in 0.10689 seconds with 8 queries