Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-22-2009, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGrasslawncare View Post
My buddys a computer wiz, he did it up real nice for us, no idea how but it looks great imo!
He used a flash template... If you right click in the site you'll see a link for flashden.net ... Site looks great though, only issue I see is flash sites are a nightmare as far as SEO goes so it's going to be very difficult for google/yahoo to correctly index your site.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good.

I'm not too keen about enter pages. Would probably like it better if it automatically moved to the home page.

Ask yourself, what is the reason to have to enter? Were they looking for a door, or looking for content?

Some people may like the landing page though. At least the color is nice. Pretty nice either way.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 07-24-2009, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I realize my vision is not the greatest, but I really had to struggle to read your service tab page. I like the muscular grass blade logo, but maybe some better pictures of your work also. Great start though!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah it looks really good. All done in adobe flash. neat website! only thing i would say is beef up your content a bit.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Its really pretty, but 100% NOT effective!

Hi

First thing, Im not trying to flame on your buddy, Im sure he thought he was doing something really great for you... and good for him for giving it a shot and trying to help you out....

I looked at your site & visually its very appealing, but it has some real big flaws when it comes to getting you business.

A website is pointless for a business unless it actually can get you clients, 100% flash cant get you any business ever, as far as search engines are concerned, you might as well have blank pages there....

The entry page, is totally pointless and a time waster for a potential client.

The font is WAY to small, thats another very common mistake...do you want to get clients over 40?

I have no idea WHERE you do business..... I only know you are in Jacksonville, because I was looking at the top of the browser... no-where on your site does it say where you do business, and even if someone did notice that...what state would that be? Florida? NC? Oregon? Illinois? Those are only a few of the states that have a Jacksonville. Even if your site was not flash, no-one would ever be able find you because of that alone.

Your phone number is no-where to be seen unless I click on the get a quote page, and even then if Im over 40, its going to be hard to read.

Light text on a dark background, very basic mistake, it fries people's eyes in no time, and makes for an unpleasant browse of any site thats not just about photos.

Take a look at the scripting I have pasted below.... that is the body of your services page, and that is what google will see.... there is NOTHING there... not one word of the text on your page is in there....its all about using flash player, and nothing about your business... as far as all the search engines are concerned, there in nothing there.

<script language="javascript">
if (AC_FL_RunContent == 0) {
alert("This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js.");
} else {
AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0','width','100%','height','100%','id','index','align','middle','src','ind ex','quality','high','bgcolor','#000000','name','index','allowscriptaccess','sameDomain','allowfulls creen','true','pluginspage','http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','index' ); //end AC code
}
</script>

In the world of the web, you might as well of not bothered, because you have nothing but blank pages as far as the search engines are concerned, no-one in your service area will ever find your website.

Its pretty, but you need to scrap it and start over and absolutely DUMP the flash! Again, not dogging on your buddy, Im sure he has your best interest at heart

-----
Bob Rooney
Old 11-26-2009, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bring the name of your company up to the top, you want people to be able to see it.
2003 Haulmark 6x14 Enclosed trailer
Old 11-27-2009, 03:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I forgot what the site looked like. But seems it improved. At least the entry page is not there.

The home page photo is really good for the comment.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 12-28-2009, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGrasslawncare View Post
http://www.happygrassofjax.com/

Still making some changes but.....
hit me with some feedback and advise!

Get this out of your page files:

Code:
<!-- HUNTER by KOTSOFT "http://kotsoft.jino-net.ru/forum/" -->
Your site is actually hosted at DOT5HOSTING.COM (an American company). The Russian company that you are advertising as being your host could cause search engines to mark you as a phishing site.

-Robert-

_
Old 01-15-2010, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Text size might need to be bigger. Older folks don't like to read tiny stuff. Nice and simple.... easy to navigate