Register free!

Old 07-25-2009, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

pictures for advertising

Hey everyone. I've been too busy (certainly not complaining) to be contributing much to the forums lately. Hope everyone is having a great summer.

I am trying to put together a fall advertising campaign, and I am absolutely horrible about taking my camera with me. so, when I need pics for certain things I never have them.

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of new bermuda accounts (preferrably dormant) that are invested with henbit, annual bluegrass, and other winter weeds? I try to make a fall push for new accounts to offset those that will be lost over the winter, and find a fall mailer advertising my fall pre-emergent is a great seller.

If anyone has any pictures that they would be willing to share I would be more than willing to share the final product.

Thanks!

josh
Old 07-26-2009, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Josh, no pics for you...sorry. I was thinking about doing the same thing. May even pound the pavement a little earlier for grassy weed control and fert. I've gained some very loyal customers in the past by taking their ragged yard in mid to late summer and turning it into a dreamscape. How's that Z doing for you??? I can't believe how many looks I've gotten and several who have asked what kind of mower I'm using They've never seen anything like it around here

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 07-26-2009, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Ted.

Z's treating me pretty good, i must say. I did 11 lawns that were 1-2 acres on Friday by 1:00. weather has been awesome too! and, the summer gets so much easier for weed control.

I find that I don't get a lot of return on my fall advertising, but I still push a little. I'm hiring a guy part time in Sept. and starting full time at the start of the year, so I need to make a little push this fall.

You coming up for field day the in a week or so? you oughta come, if you get the time.