View Poll Results: Where do you live?
Own Your House 71 52.99%
Rent 21 15.67%
With The Parents 42 31.34%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2009, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Own, Rent, Live with Mom and Dad

Well, i am only 17, so i live with my mom... But i want to see where everyone else lives...

I wanna some pros and cons on living with parents... Heres a few...

Pros-
No rent or mortgage
No utilities
No grocery bills
No home repairs, or improvements

Cons-
Most girls dont like it...

Lets hear what you think...

09 3500HD Rebuild Picture Thread (Totaled in Tornado)
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...77#post3862277

Old 07-26-2009, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I'm only 21 so I still live at home. I'm a full time student for another year. Next spring, between homework and work, I will spend my hours looking for a house. Maybe I'll rent for a while, maybe I'll have an apartment, maybe I'll find a good deal and buy. Who knows, all I know is I absolutely hate living at home, but I will not complain because I could not ask for better parents.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 07-26-2009, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Well, I'm only 21 so I still live at home. I'm a full time student for another year. Next spring, between homework and work, I will spend my hours looking for a house. Maybe I'll rent for a while, maybe I'll have an apartment, maybe I'll find a good deal and buy. Who knows, all I know is I absolutely hate living at home, but I will not complain because I could not ask for better parents.
Yea, i understand that, now is the best time to buy tho... (my moms a Realtor, and my dad is retired Realtor...) But i want out too, but i cant, but ill live for a while, to save money...

Old 07-26-2009, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I truly own.... I've got the title... the only way to go.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm 20, still living at home, working and goign to school full time. I'm skipping the apartment and renting, and buying a nice small house in a nice neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningside View Post
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm 21, living at home, renting a shop. I will probably buy a house this year to get my $8000 Obama tax credit. My parents are pretty good, I park my rig at the shop and everything else somewhere on their 50 acres, no big complaints and i've been able to save a ton of money in the last couple years for a pretty good down payment on a decent house. But I am ready to be out and all that fun stuff, I guess.... like a mortgage, insurance, property taxes etc etc, lol.
22' goosneck flatbed 20' 14k tilt bumper pull skid trailer 18' tandem flatbed
05 JD 737 60" Z
07 JD 657A 54" Quik-trak
11 Z925A JD
Deere 36 w/b hydro
Toro 44 hydro
Deere 21's
Lesco Spreaders
RedMax stihl shindaiwa
200 gal spray rig
Billy Goat truck loader
7753 Bobcat
Old 07-26-2009, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm 56 and I still live with my parents!. I'm kidding. Don't worry about the girls thing. Your 17, so most of your girls your gonna meet are gonna be living with their parents still. High School man.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Member

I've never really understood the concept of renting any place why would you just throw your money away in rent. Local apartment where I live run $550 for a studio to $700 for a 2 bedroom. I've been looking for a place of my own because I know that I would be able to get a home for a little more then $700/month. Plus if you play your cards right you can get a nice place for not much more then an apartment. However when you buy a home you are making a very big commitment and so if your thinking about staying in the area buy a home and make sure that you can use some of the space at your home for yours business so that you can take some of that off on your taxes .

But for now living at home gives me flexibility because I am a full time student and I'm only home for about 4 months.
21" Exmark S-Series
77"X14' Trailer
Turfco Aerator
Stihl Trimmers
Stihl Blowers
Stihl Chainsaws

Horticulture-Turfgrass Management Major-Iowa State University
Old 07-26-2009, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesLawnCareLLC View Post
I've never really understood the concept of renting any place why would you just throw your money away in rent. Local apartment where I live run $550 for a studio to $700 for a 2 bedroom. I've been looking for a place of my own because I know that I would be able to get a home for a little more then $700/month. Plus if you play your cards right you can get a nice place for not much more then an apartment. However when you buy a home you are making a very big commitment and so if your thinking about staying in the area buy a home and make sure that you can use some of the space at your home for yours business so that you can take some of that off on your taxes .

But for now living at home gives me flexibility because I am a full time student and I'm only home for about 4 months.
Holy crap, a 2 bedroom for yall is the cost for a 1 bed room here. The 2 bedrooms cost roughly 850-900 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningside View Post
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesLawnCareLLC View Post

Yea, i understand, but b4 my parents got divorced they had like 15 rental proporties... Now my mom has 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfireman View Post
I'm 56 and I still live with my parents!. I'm kidding. Don't worry about the girls thing. Your 17, so most of your girls your gonna meet are gonna be living with their parents still. High School man.
Yea, i know that, but i mean once your like 25 or so... I am pretty good with the ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker51 View Post
I'm 21, living at home, renting a shop. I will probably buy a house this year to get my $8000 Obama tax credit. My parents are pretty good, I park my rig at the shop and everything else somewhere on their 50 acres, no big complaints and i've been able to save a ton of money in the last couple years for a pretty good down payment on a decent house. But I am ready to be out and all that fun stuff, I guess.... like a mortgage, insurance, property taxes etc etc, lol.
Yea, thats the way to do it man, and that tax credit will be nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.3mudder View Post
I'm 20, still living at home, working and goign to school full time. I'm skipping the apartment and renting, and buying a nice small house in a nice neighborhood.
That sounds like a good plan, what are yyou going to school for? Im assuming Lawn Care/ Landscaping, but you never know...