Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 07-30-2009, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Do I need one?

I have 4 commercial mowers and all use the flat type blades, I have always sharpened the blades myself with a angle grinder and can put a sharp edge on them now, but I cant maintain the 30 degree angle and usually end up with around a 60 degree or worse angle after 6 months or so!! I was looking at your grinders and a friend of mine said it is basically just a bench grinder with a "jig" to keep the blade at 30 degrees, Is this basically what they are? Because they are fairly expensive compared to a bench grinder. I am considering the 9000.Thanks for your help.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Sponsor

Hello Mikekle,

We are the furthest thing from a bench grinder.

A bench grinder will sharpen very slowly and burn the blades. Simply making a "jig" will not function because you need something to keep a constant 30 degree angle. If you make this "jig" it will not respond to the changing wheel diameter that will change you angle.

The MAG-9000 and MAG-8000 have the angle built into the machine to keep a consistent 30 degree angle even as the grinding wheel wears and becomes smaller in diameter.

The MAG-9000 will be: faster, safer, more consistent, quieter, cleaner than any bench grinder or modified style bench grinder or angle grinder.

It comes down to the fact that if you are mowing professionally your need for consistency and quality is so important that home-made / homeowner eqiupment will cost you more in the long run in time and poor quality.

I invite you to purchase a MAG-1000 and MAG-9000 to start, we offer them as a discounted combo package here:
http://www.magna-matic-direct.com/Pr...ctCode=LOT%5F1

If you don't like it for any reason, or feel that your angle grinder/modified bench grinder is better - you may return the MAG-1000 and MAG-9000 for a refund. We provide 30 days to try all of our equipment, this way you can demo it at your pace.

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 08-07-2009, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I'll be ordering the 9000 tomorrow and will post re-view in 30-60 days.