Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-04-2009, 05:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LushGreenLawn View Post
I see from your screen name that you are a do it yourselfer, but professionals can't get away with that. We would lose alot of clients if they all of a sudden had dead grass around all of their CL fences!

Oh, how it would be nice though, If I had a chain link fence (I would never install one now that I know what a hassle they are) I would probrably do that to my own.
I am a professional...
When I do it with roundup it looks good, and I do charge for it. You spray roundup plus surflan or something similar, and weeds just disappear. Do it once a month, and there is no brown dead grass, just bare dirt strip about 3-4" wide under the fence. Its all in the technique. I have never had a cancellation from roundup application.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry Guys, I didn't mean to take the thread in a different direction. Obviously things work differently in different parts of the country, so lets leave it at that.

I'm still really interested in hearing about intervals between adding string to the pivohead.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.L.M. View Post
It is a good idea but I dont think it is for everyone, me personally it would be no good because I trim along alot of block walls and lose my line to it being ground away not from breakage. Correct me if I am wrong though.
Thats what I was thinking, but in the chain link fence it usually grounds away there also, but that video seemed to show that it didn't do that. I'm guessing if it folds away it would at least gring off much slower?

Its funny, I can go almost all day on one fill of string, but my helper refills about every 3 lawns. I'm wondering if this would help.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
It's also the normal thing to do here. I have one customer that requested it and with me being from MD where no one ever did that I refused and told them I'd rather trim it. I came back the next week and the grass was already brown around the whole perimeter of the fence. Hey, I don't care and it made the job much easier to do.
That's how it started with me, I actually had a customer request it.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Member

i love that video, he is really giving it to that fence!
Old 08-04-2009, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like it would be awesome for like brushcutting or something like that! and did great on that fence... but i like my bump feed head! although if i ever get another brushcutting job as i had the other day i might look into this!

New eXmark lazer Z 31/60
Honda 21" that i never ever use
Stihl trimmers, blowers, etc.
23 years old, 6 years in business
Liscenced and Insured
Old 08-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Sponsor

Dear Lawnsite Members,

We want to thank you again for the overwhelming response to our free sample offer for the New PivoTrim PRO. We mailed out the 20+ samples about three weeks ago and have received some very positive feedback on our written surveys.

Some comments were:

"Works as promised, great product"

"Great Performance!!! The line lasted a long long time. I admit I still hate when I have to change the line, but the performance is worth it."

"Line doesn't break. Won't be my everyday head but definitely has its own place."

"Used the PivoTrim PRO on field fencing, barbed wire & chain link. I cut weeds the diameter of my thumb, cleared thick brushy fenceline for just over four hours. I am most impressed with this head, particularly watching it cut down weeds 7 feet tall! Try that with any other head than a brush blade!"

Keep an eye out because we plan to do another free trimmer head giveaway soon!

If any of our first sample participants are out there we would really appreciate some feedback here on the website so everyone can hear about your experience.

Best Regards and God Bless,

Mike Watts
President, Better Heads LLC
www.pivotrim.com
Old 08-24-2009, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivoTrim PRO View Post
Dear Lawnsite Members,

We want to thank you again for the overwhelming response to our free sample offer for the New PivoTrim PRO. We mailed out the 20+ samples about three weeks ago and have received some very positive feedback on our written surveys.

Some comments were:

"Works as promised, great product"

"Great Performance!!! The line lasted a long long time. I admit I still hate when I have to change the line, but the performance is worth it."

"Line doesn't break. Won't be my everyday head but definitely has its own place."

"Used the PivoTrim PRO on field fencing, barbed wire & chain link. I cut weeds the diameter of my thumb, cleared thick brushy fenceline for just over four hours. I am most impressed with this head, particularly watching it cut down weeds 7 feet tall! Try that with any other head than a brush blade!"

Keep an eye out because we plan to do another free trimmer head giveaway soon!

If any of our first sample participants are out there we would really appreciate some feedback here on the website so everyone can hear about your experience.

Best Regards and God Bless,

Mike Watts
President, Better Heads LLC
www.pivotrim.com

That's me in the red, I really would like to thank you folks for the trimmer head, I have used it a lot now and while I do still hate changing the line, I find that I don't have to do it very often.
PB265L Echo Blower
HC-150 Echo Hedge Trimmer
21" Honda Black Max Mower
16X8 Open Trailer w/3 Trimmer Rack and Blower Rack

Never fight ugly people, they have nothing to lose!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I look forward to the opportunity to try one out.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

okay i got a couple good weeks in with this head! i will list both pros and cons on it
PROS:
long string life
8 lines works well with a good size motor (26.2 cc) echo
will cut through grass like a champ if its a weekly account
edges well
does good against fence lines as stated
you can run the head very close to the ground around shrubs with tearing turf or scalping

now for the CONS:
poor adapter design it did not fit my trimmer very well
grass tangles around the top plastic cap fairly easy
trimming against smooth concrete on foundations leans the grass over to much
smaller motors cant handle all eight lines
rotators on the head need to be a little tighter (already showing some where after about 15 hours of trimming)
will not go through thick over grown grass in one pass

Okay so with pros and cons listed i will give my honest opinion.
the design of the head is great. Would be a great trimmer head for small solo companies. changing line is really quick. this head could really help increase profit for some LCO's
would be a great head for home owners. it did what i expected and maybe a bit more.
Would i buy this head Yes if it was priced right i would. for those intrested in this go out and buy it you will not be disappointed.

Thanks again to the pivotrim staff for the sample.

Tags
best head , better heads , head , pivotrim , trimmer