Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-02-2009, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's how i've always changed the blades on my midmounts. Works pretty good. I always choke the back tires with a 4x4 or couple of bricks though. If you jack them up, like someone else said, make sure you use a jackstand or slide a spare tire and rim under it in case it falls it won't come all the way down on you.

Larry-YardBoss Lawncare
8 years in the business.
Oklahoma Licensed Pesticide Applicator (3a)
2012 Hustler X-One 60", 26hp, Flex Forks, Mulch Kit
Echo Handhelds

Old 08-02-2009, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Member

My trailer has removable side ramps that second as sides...works really good for that purpose...having one side of your mower teetering doesn't look too safe in my book
PJ 16' double axe trailer
Echo trimmers & blowers
Old 08-02-2009, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC-GregH View Post
I think we all hope he recovers, I know I do.

I used the gate on my trailer the first year and now use a floor jack with a lift arm I made. It works great. I do need to slow down though. The last time I changed blades I didn't use a jack stand, was in a hurry and needed to get stuff done. I'll use this as a reminder to ALWAYS have the jack stand under the deck.
Which guy are you talking about? The guy I spoke of died with in minutes sadly, he had time to call his mom to tell her what happened and to say I love you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 08-02-2009, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am guilty of using the ramps while changing blades a couple of times. Remember though that those ramps are attached to the trailer and there is normally some sort of weld with a hinge of some sort, and welds break....

On my Isuzu the weld broke last week on the right side of right ramp (has split ramp) from where I have just loaded/unloaded so much and it was weekend.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Standard front lift = Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelyNut View Post
Good idea but not needed on mine.
This is a very good idee IS SHOULD BE STANDARD AND SECURE.. how many time we came close to get jam...
Old 08-02-2009, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This works with most of my mowers except i cant get to one blade on my Stander with my impact so i have to use ratchet. Definetly saves some time but i put a jack stand on one side for extra protection.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Someone mentioned welds breaking and such, on this, I have this one piece ramp, but also 2 side out ramps. There is a solid rod that goes from one side to the other. When this ramp is down, it literally sits on that rod, so if a weld or 2 or 3 broke at the hinge, the gate will stay on that rod until movement of the ramp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningside View Post
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydopm View Post
This works with most of my mowers except i cant get to one blade on my Stander with my impact so i have to use ratchet. Definetly saves some time but i put a jack stand on one side for extra protection.
Same here. I just pull it up, change 2 blades, back it off, move to the other side, pull it up again, then change that blade. I don't ever get under the deck with more than my arms just in case. I also slide a spare tire/rim under it too, in case something does break and fall.

Larry-YardBoss Lawncare
8 years in the business.
Oklahoma Licensed Pesticide Applicator (3a)
2012 Hustler X-One 60", 26hp, Flex Forks, Mulch Kit
Echo Handhelds

Old 08-02-2009, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i saw this at the GIE Expo and loved it. all universal, great if you have more than one mower, safer than the tailgate. i've been meaning to order one since last october, and have been too busy, and this thread reminded me to get one.

check it out!!

www.theezlift.com

the plate on the floor stays, and you can get a second plate for your trailer. the arm on the mower is universal too, the only part that stays are thesmall brackets on either side.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeereHauler View Post
i saw this at the GIE Expo and loved it. all universal, great if you have more than one mower, safer than the tailgate. i've been meaning to order one since last october, and have been too busy, and this thread reminded me to get one.

check it out!!

www.theezlift.com

the plate on the floor stays, and you can get a second plate for your trailer. the arm on the mower is universal too, the only part that stays are thesmall brackets on either side.
Now that's nifty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningside View Post
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.