Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-28-2014, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wide track option for Takeuchi Tl130/230

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Inch-Take...item417c781567

Don't like the lug pattern, but if anyone tries these I'd love to hear about them. If I did my math correctly they put the ground pressure down in the low 4's. Not too shabby.

I walked across a yard in a ritzy neighborhood this past week carrying a 2300 pound oil tank with a TL130 and didn't leave much of a mark....have had quite a bit of rain too.

Just looked it up - TL150 has 4.3 psi with factory 18" wide tracks. Didn't realize it floated better than the TL130.

Last edited by swanny; 06-28-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Inch-Take...item417c781567

Don't like the lug pattern, but if anyone tries these I'd love to hear about them. If I did my math correctly they put the ground pressure down in the low 4's. Not too shabby.

I walked across a yard in a ritzy neighborhood this past week carrying a 2300 pound oil tank with a TL130 and didn't leave much of a mark....have had quite a bit of rain too.

Just looked it up - TL150 has 4.3 psi with factory 18" wide tracks. Didn't realize it floated better than the TL130.
Posted via Mobile Device

This fall they are going to have other tread options in the wider size I was told. I thought about going with the wide ones but don't like that tread pattern.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

That tread pattern is the same as the TL140 stock and it is really good on grass.
I bought the z pattern tracks ( solidbuilt) and they really mess up lawns and sap the power in turns on hard surfaces.

That pattern works really well.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
That tread pattern is the same as the TL140 stock and it is really good on grass.
I bought the z pattern tracks ( solidbuilt) and they really mess up lawns and sap the power in turns on hard surfaces.

That's what pattern I have now. The more worn they get, the less they tear up the lawn which is a good thing, but they suck in the snow up here. My favorite are the narrow profile bar pattern for all weather conditions. Maybe they'll be available this fall in the wide track option.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post

How is the ride with them? I was surprised how aggressive the narrow bar pattern is on turf but the ride is decent.

I want a 120 with the smooth pattern for finish raking work but don't think any one makes it.
Posted via Mobile Device