Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-05-2015, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hot Pressure Washer WTB

I am looking to buy a new hot pressure washer. Everyone keeps telling me there is nothing better to cut the grease off of the machines and the trucks. Anybody have one? What are the good brands, models, and options to look for. Prices seem to be all over the board.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I rented one once.. didn't do as much as I thought it would. I'd like to give one another try but I've had better luck using different grease cutters and copious amounts of water and rags.

I have a pressure washer. I think 3000 psi. One was top of the line by any stretch but after owning two, and many years ago doing it commercially with two different styles, if I needed one for my shop or stationary, I'd go with an HD electric model over gas if nothing else for the noise and not having to worry about the carbs getting nasty in between use.

Look forward to hearing more about this.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 05-05-2015, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Landa HS-3000 heating unit. It is the heater unit only so I can use whatever pressure washer washer I want with it and personally I find it great. I have both an electric (5 HP 3 phase) and a gas pressure washer that I use with it. I love the electric as you can put down the wand and everything shuts off and you don't have to worry about burning out the pump, like you do on a gas pressure washer, when it's dumping over the unloader valve (most of them).

The key to getting a machine really clean, even with a hot water pressure washer, is soap injection. My Karcher pump has a soap injector built in, but I added one to my gas pressure washer as well.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just purchased a hotsy heated unit. Has electric pump, kero heater, inline soap injection. Works great. Has a killer waranty. I initially got it to keep our cdl salt trucks clean in the winter but I also have someone come in and clean the fleet each weekend. Maybe I'm vain but I like nothing more than watching my fleet head out sparkling clean on Monday mornings.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2015, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Rumor has it there is a self car wash in Moscow Mills with a hot washer with enough room to clean a semitruck. Maybe I'll investigate this week if we can get a rainy-day/break here. I was told it is $4 to use but no word on how many minutes that buys.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2015, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the North Star (Northern Tool) 3K psi hot water pressure washer with a Honda motor. It works great and I would highly recommend it. Pretty good value too for all that is included and performance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2015, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerman21 View Post
I have the North Star (Northern Tool) 3K psi hot water pressure washer with a Honda motor. It works great and I would highly recommend it. Pretty good value too for all that is included and performance.
Posted via Mobile Device
I used a Northstar commercially. Not the hot one but it was a great pressure washer and was always ready to work.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 05-06-2015, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is one of the ones I was looking at. Just not sure on all of the specs what we actually need.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...4565_200324565

I am pretty anal about our equipment we wash everything at least 1 a week, so our old power washer gets used several hours a week.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the one I have. I've been using it regularly for about a year and a half.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2015, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Research direct drive vs belt driven pumps, if you're going to spend that kind of coin do yourself a favor and get a belt drive. I have a Sherwinn Williams branded unit that has been great. Belt drive was recommended by a family friend that once owned a large commercial painting company, he had washers with thousands of hours of run time, at his auction those beat up units still brought in a decent amount of money.