Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-30-2009, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Those OSHKOSH trucks are pretty cool, I just spent the last 30 minutes looking at pics on their website.

Encore Walkbehinds, Great Dane Surfer
Stihl Trimmers, Blower, Chainsaws
98 Toyota 4-runner
85 Ford F350 Diesel, 10'x 7.5' Dump Bed
94 Bobcat 7753

Old 10-01-2009, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
29 Palms (stumps) sucks no doubt. I spent a lot of time there. Those A framed quanset huts suck bad when its 120 degrees. I have humped a lot of miles in that desert.
Not doubt, I was there for a CAX back in 02 when I was with the Corps. Though never spent time in the tin huts. Still hotter then hell outside at the end of July/August. My buddy and his wife just got stationed there, he told me nothing has changed and his wife Amanda hates the place already.

Farmboy: Unfortantly I don't think the HET guys are going to be out there with us this time around.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 10-19-2009, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Double post:

Sorry for no pics from me. Right when I pulled the camera out the lens popped out then went back in. It's broken Not to much really my platoon's mission was changed from the tank trails to being FOBet's (Its a military slang term for never leaving the little sand pit base) fixing drainage issues/setting up a heli pads for FOB Freedom Ft. McCoy, sorry the correct term is now COL. LOL I love how much civilian contractors bee with a itch and complain we're taking their jobs to the Mayor Cell. Well its Saturday where is your crew? We ended up regrading part of the motor pool that the civilians thought would be able to correct the wash outs with road base. The problem stemmed from the retention pond not being big/deep enough to hand the water run off. We couldn't fix it cause we didn't have a excavator. But that job turn out pretty good, created a french drain (really wanted to put in a culvert but to many toes to step on), graded out the pond a bit (could have been better with a excuvator that we didn't have)

Anyways I got a funny video from Tillman and Petrie when their 5 ton broke down and where left behind hauling stone.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...0886515&ref=mf

Old 10-19-2009, 02:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Good Pictures man!!!
2004 Chevy C4500 W/12' Monroe Dump DURAMAX/ALLISON 105,000 Miles
2008 Royal Cargo 8.5'x18' Trailer

SCAG & ECHO POWER EQUIPMENT

"While your Strokin and Cummin.. I'll be takin your girl to the Max"
Old 03-05-2010, 03:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If I can get some help to combine a few of my Picture Threads from a Admin bubba that would be appreaticed. link to the other.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=289470

Its 130AM and I can not sleep for the life of me. No new Army pics as we just been sitting around doing inventory (want to know how many nails we have?), or SRP work. But I'll be leaving to get reclassed again here for the army in a week or so. I'm heading down to Ft. Lenardwood, Missuori. I think I got bent on that deal as the Army eleminated my old MOS 21J "Light Equipment" so my unit just rolled me over to 21E "Heavy Equipment" well the numbers came back to them so back to training for 4 weeks. But we did get some training in for some new joins to the unit, plow snow with the Grader, LOL man where they freaked, well one was, got to learn the worse thing he could do is break it.

Got the old dodge pretty much all fixed up, just need to get the exhaust replaced and some cosmetic issues on it fixed up. The Ford on the other hand kind of upset me, my cheap flatbed turned out to be not so cheap. The rear main seal was shot, got the trans off to replace it and dropped the oil pan as well turns out the crank had a grove in it. Ended up having it sleeved. I'm going to be the last owner of it so. Its still laying in a million pieces right now. When that gets done, planning on making some coin with it then off to change the color to red, just like the Dodge. I'll get some pictures up of both trucks when the flatbed's engine is back together.

Anyways on to the pictures, what you all came to see.

Sorry for the quality of these as it was night out. But at my full time job they needed someone to run a rented Kitty for a few nights. My snow plowing was done for the night so figure make some more coin for the other boss.

That one was a Cat 914IT, wasn't to bad of a loader. I liked that fuction that would lock the stick in a postion to bring the arms up/down to a set height. To my suprise Fabco Rental wow around 1400 to rent for the weekend.

To keep my sanity through the winter I refinished a table that was painted with house paint, Underneath is solid Red Oak

My full time grass jockey job's F5fixme LOL. The trans went earlier this snow season, and just recently stopped charging (both batteries and alternator washed out) Still a cool looking truck though, and supposable up for sale soon. But I know the problems that where with it.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Got a few more here.
More Loader work, I worked a deal with the owner of my full time job I'd run for a free a few night if I could stack my banks with it. Plus he got a better deal $1000 for a week.

SIZE DOES MATTER!

Thats the owners 08 F350 with a Boss V 9ft 2in.

This had to hurt. Lucky they dounut king missed going down and hitting that sucker.

Owners son at the full time trying to show off.

At the end of his run found a nice size boulder that they laid along the edge of the parking lot. Nice new dent in pappy's brand new plow. LOL

Old 03-05-2010, 06:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thats always awesome when someone showing off screws something up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

kid i knew was showing off to the guy in the loader, went to fast hit the lip of a manhole cover and bent the CUTTING EDGE of the plow, lol, not the supports or anything but the edge!
Old 03-05-2010, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTouch Groundscapes View Post
kid i knew was showing off to the guy in the loader, went to fast hit the lip of a manhole cover and bent the CUTTING EDGE of the plow, lol, not the supports or anything but the edge!
That takes talent The worse I've done was take out a corner of the cutting edge. The parking lot was v shaped and I caught a drain that the cover sunk.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Figure I up date.

A timber wall that some friends and I built this year.

I didn't like what happened here in the corner so I tore it down and had to rethink it.

Last wall pic. of the deadmen going in and through the old wall.

I'll have some more Army pics coming off my phone from earlier this year when I was in FT Leonardwood MO back in March and April.