Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-25-2009, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Second Evaluation Video

Thanks Bruce! We just finished uploading the second independant evaluation, and if you thought the first test was convincing, just check out the second one. The tester took the Tedbrakes down several slopes including a 24 degree slope that was very damp with evening dew and had a 2 ft. ditch right at the bottom of the slope.

Watch Second Independant Evaluation Here

If you are in doubt about whether they work . . . you need to watch this video.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted corriher View Post
The first version (pictured above) was not equipped to handle this type of problem, but these hoses have been replaced with braided steel lines and are really made to withstand light to moderate abuse from catching on something (depending on how brutal you are on your mower). We will try to include everyones ideas in our future demo videos. Thanks to everyone who has provided input as it has greatly affected the developement stages of the Tedbrake.

Thanks for the reply Ted. I agree that the updated setup looks a lot more sturdier and more suitable for mowing the way I described. I wish you good luck with your product and I wish I had a set of Tedbrakes on my Z.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Member

We wish you did too. That is the next step and why we have included a way to contact your manufacturer on our new website and let them know that you want the Tedbrakes front braking system on your next ZTR mower.

We hope to have a good showing at the GIE Expo (booth #10126), and the forum members here at LawnSite.com have truly been awesome at addressing the End User's concerns. That feedback has been instrumental in the new and improved design.

If you are reading this and don't think the the Tedbrakes system would be effective . . . just check out this video!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

ok, so i really like the fiting on the kubota. i inquired earlier about those but you have not done it until now. i would be interested in this option of course, but really want to try it. i wont be able to attend the show, but my dad and another crew leader are coming. do you have an outdoor booth by chance they could check it out?
Old 10-26-2009, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Indoor Booth

We chose to have an indoor booth to get as close to as many major manufacturers as possible.

We are bringing 4 Tedbrakes Demo mowers with us (including the Kubota), but with the expensive cost to even get a 20x20 booth . . . we may not have room for all of them.

If this is the case, then we will keep one mower in reserve out of our booth and outside of the expo building. . . then all we have to do is find a hill after hours for people to test it on.

That scenerio is only if we cannot fit it in our booth space. We look forward to seeing your Dad and Crew Leader at the Show!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC-GregH View Post
I would imagine the brakes can be applied at any time or in any direction, as in while you're doing a zero turn. I'm also pretty sure young guys will be using the front brakes to do burn outs since it would be pretty easy to do. Not that I'd try it!
no they would do drifting
Old 10-26-2009, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenred View Post
Ted I like your idea a lot. I see one potential problem that Im not sure if anyone mentioned. When I mow with my ZTR its common for me to put the front casters as far under bushes and low hanging trees like pine trees as possible so I can avoid as much trimming as possible. I dont know how strong the hoses are, but their set up looks to me like they are liable to catch on stuff if used the way I mentioned.

you could allways extend the cover over like this
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2009, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=Frontier-Lawn;3248662]
no they would do drifting [/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC-GregH
I would imagine the brakes can be applied at any time or in any direction, as in while you're doing a zero turn. I'm also pretty sure young guys will be using the front brakes to do burn outs since it would be pretty easy to do. Not that I'd try it!

QUOTE]

not sure if it would work, but you can try it on the dirt (dust) - calls "redneckburnout" - looks just the same : )))))
Old 10-26-2009, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You can drift on them without front brakes. Ask me how I know.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Sliding down a hill?

Tags
mower safety , zero turn mower brakes , ztr mower brakes