Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-24-2009, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think Ted is onto a good idea here....once the logistics are worked out this may take off. I'd certainly pay $650 for front brakes if I had the choice.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutz Lawns View Post
$650 Brake Kit
$200 Shipping
Installation Extra

So you go to your nearest Bad Boy dealer and tell him you just bought brakes from you on eBay and then he tells you what your going to pay for your next machine and it has to mandatory that it has ROPS and seat belts too?

Is a Bad Boy mower a set price and that's what you pay at any dealer?
You are required to buy the mower from Ted. The $200 shipping includes shipping the mower to you. Installation of the brakes is included.

Bad Boy is allowing this but is not offering this. This whole transaction is a Ted Corriher deal and is run through his Bad Boy dealership.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
You are required to buy the mower from Ted. The $200 shipping includes shipping the mower to you. Installation of the brakes is included.

Bad Boy is allowing this but is not offering this. This whole transaction is a Ted Corriher deal and is run through his Bad Boy dealership.
Right on the Money! Thanks for clarifying it Richard.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted corriher View Post
Right on the Money! Thanks for clarifying it Richard.
And you've sold how many?

What kind of service will you get from not buying your new Bad Boy mower from your closest Bad Boy dealer?

Last edited by Kutz Lawns; 11-27-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutz Lawns View Post
And you've sold how many?

What kind of service will you get from not buying your new Bad Boy mower from your closest Bad Boy dealer?
Well, we just posted it to Ebay a couple days ago and have had almost 400 people look at it and several very interested phone calls. I can't imagine why a Bad Boy dealer would refuse to service simply because someone bought that mower specifically for the Front Braking System because they were concerned for their safety.

If anything, the dealer would probably be contacting Bad Boy and want to know why that option wasn't available for them to offer their local customers.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted corriher View Post
Well, we just posted it to Ebay a couple days ago and have had almost 400 people look at it and several very interested phone calls. I can't imagine why a Bad Boy dealer would refuse to service simply because someone bought that mower specifically for the Front Braking System because they were concerned for their safety.

If anything, the dealer would probably be contacting Bad Boy and want to know why that option wasn't available for them to offer their local customers.
I would buy a Bad Boy if it had Front Braking .So for now I will make my own front brakes I was working on them before I ever saw a Tedbrake.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bad Boy offers their own kinda braking system. It comes as an option at any dealership. It is $499, but they require ROPS with it as well which is $299. The system works differently as when you squeeze the handle it locks the front wheels from spinning. Helps you make perfect stripes, and also holds on a hill. Very neat design, I thought would break easy, but the extra guard around the disc and protected from everything I have rammed into. Love the design mainly for the striping as we don't have many hills here. I tested it on the overpasses several times with guys, and they love it.... Handle grip is similiar to brake on a quad and is mounted on your ZTR handle. Brakes are hydraulic disc brake I believe is what you would call it...
Attached Images

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Bad Boy offers their own kinda braking system. It comes as an option at any dealership. It is $499, but they require ROPS with it as well which is $299. The system works differently as when you squeeze the handle it locks the front wheels from spinning. Helps you make perfect stripes, and also holds on a hill. Very neat design, I thought would break easy, but the extra guard around the disc and protected from everything I have rammed into. Love the design mainly for the striping as we don't have many hills here. I tested it on the overpasses several times with guys, and they love it.... Handle grip is similiar to brake on a quad and is mounted on your ZTR handle. Brakes are hydraulic disc brake I believe is what you would call it...
If we all had this http://www.toro.com/en-us/golf/mower...undsmaster-360 we don't need brake.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Member

The brakes are interesting. The Bad Boy mower is not.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDLLC View Post
The brakes are interesting. The Bad Boy mower is not.
Yeah I agree, what a piece of junk this is, I cant believe they actually expect people to pay $11500 for a mower with a cat diesel motor 18 gallon tanks, 9 quart hydro reservoir, 5 guage 1/4 solid steel deck, grammer msg65 seat, 4 rail 11 guage 2x2 frame, pro mag 250 clutch, 15mph, or a 31hp Kawasaki for $7699, or a 26hp kawasaki for $6999 with a 5 guage deck and 5400's. They are definately not gonna be in business long selling this kinda junk to people for so much money, prolly all made in indonesia then shipped to Batesville, Ar to sell. Bunch of crazy Arkansas Rednecks building a lawn mower, run far away....lol. They make them too easy to work on, scares me because I have never had to work on a mower before, why would they make their's "Easy to work on"? My trailer and my mowers I picked up as demoes at the factory.
Attached Images

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"

Tags
mower safety , zero turn mower brakes , ztr mower brakes