Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-11-2009, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Question Buying an enclosed trailer???

Who has a good place to get a quality enclosed 7x16 trailer, reasonably? I've been researching it and trailer dealers have such a heavy mark-up. Their price vs. say.. e-bay prices are close to $1500 difference. Does anyone know an intelligent way to go about this?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

make sure you are comaring apples apples. Electric brakes, drop axles, dovetail, sheathing size, axle ratings, etc. can make a HUGE difference in price.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

check out the truc and trilaer section of this forum i posted several links in other treads there of places i am shopping for trailers.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Just keep your eyes open to craigslist, newspaper and online. Stick with a used instead of new.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I broke down and bought new. Sarasota, FL is a competitive market for lawn and landscaping. After much research and consideration, I ordered a new black 7x16 Express. I got a great deal at $5K. He threw in some upgrades like shelving in the front at 3'-6" (bar height) with a front lip so things won't roll off. A vent cover so the rain wont leak in while the roof vent is open, a 4' tongue for a better turning radius, LED lights, 48" side door, heavy duty ramp door, torsion axles, trailer brakes (tandem axle) and side vents for cross ventilation. I need tp purchase the electric brake unit for my truck separately ($217) but that includes installation and wiring. These trailers are really sharp looking and with season coming up right around the corner - a shiny trailer turns heads. I splurged, but am gambling that it'll pick up business. Thank you for all of your suggestions.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnchitect View Post
I broke down and bought new. Sarasota, FL is a competitive market for lawn and landscaping. After much research and consideration, I ordered a new black 7x16 Express. I got a great deal at $5K. He threw in some upgrades like shelving in the front at 3'-6" (bar height) with a front lip so things won't roll off. A vent cover so the rain wont leak in while the roof vent is open, a 4' tongue for a better turning radius, LED lights, 48" side door, heavy duty ramp door, torsion axles, trailer brakes (tandem axle) and side vents for cross ventilation. I need tp purchase the electric brake unit for my truck separately ($217) but that includes installation and wiring. These trailers are really sharp looking and with season coming up right around the corner - a shiny trailer turns heads. I splurged, but am gambling that it'll pick up business. Thank you for all of your suggestions.
I have one and you will love it!
2007 EverRide Warrior 54" Deck w/25 HP Kawasaki
2007 Toro 36" Turbo Force, T-Bar/15 HP Kawasaki
2005 Toro Proline 48" Float Deck w/15 HP Kawasaki
Few Echo and Sthil Handhelds and Backpack Blowers

Matthew 6:33, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well"
Old 08-16-2009, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

5K? nice job! =)
2003 Haulmark 6x14 Enclosed trailer

Tags
enclosed trailer