Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-12-2009, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Needing Help!!

I recently moved back to Charleston SC from Atlanta, and CAN NOT find a job. I decided that if no one wants to hire me, I will hire myself. I have experience in landscape, home remodeling, laying sod, cutting, trimming, and pruning, and am in school for horticulture. I decided to hand out flyers and business cards about 300 so far, placed ads on 3 local websites, and put a ad in the newspapers classifieds and wouldn't you know I haven't gotten ONE single call. All I want is one job so I can show my quality work off, and start some word of mouth. Any suggestions on what I should do? Or what you did?
Old 08-12-2009, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

When I first started out my partner at the time thought we could do that so we did, and it didn't work I waited months so I thought I would put an add in the phone book (1/4 page) and then the week it came out I got 2-3 calls a day, so now I do two local phonebooks and they still work. Don't waste your money on small add they in my experiance don't work. Also try signing up servicemagic.com they are a lead generating service you could start geting calls in a few days it cost about 15 per lead. Hope this helps
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-12-2009, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Load your stuff up and about 5 pm, start going door to door in the neighborhood of your choosing. You might have an "Introductory Price of...." or say something like ... if you commit to 4 weekly services the 5th is free. Continue in that neighborhood every week. Each day hopefully you can say... I cut the "so and so's" lawn down the street and I thought you might like to take advantage of my introductory offer...