OK first thing. Cdn or US dollars, don't matter, just clarify what currency you are referring to.
I was just asked to quote the following job:
500 trees, ranging from 4-10' high need to be removed from a property transported 22km/12miles *ish* then the holes need to be dug, (tree auger bit) then planted, Wood chips? not sure about that, but soil is required yes.
they are being planted on an acerage 2.1 acres to be exact. He wants it well treed. Big ones around the edge, smaller ones in the middle
1) I don't have a tree spade, for this size tree can the manual skid steer mounted tree spade work? or should I go hyd *big sucker*.
2) I hope I can rent a tree spade
3) augerring the new holes? or should I use the tree spade??
4) what kind of waste will I produce (dirt etc)
5) the customer will also run trees on a trailer from site to site, so a per trip cost is likely the best way to work this out, but correct me if I am wrong.
I am wondering what I should charge for travel time with trailer and trees in tow, many trips obviously.
what should I charge per tree I pull out? I need to basket them and will need to hire on some help for this one.
what should I charge per tree I put in less material costs *dirt,chips*
This is seriously a first for me. There is no tight time line, it's not commercial so it takes as long as it takes. By the same token this is not rocket science. But here it is.
Thanks so much for the help, if I have left anything out let me know, I just don't want to screw myself, I have no idea what this service is worth *though this is not my first tree planting party* it will be a first in terms of volume and size of some of the trees.....and well getting paid for it too.
PS. I have been working my *ASS* off, we have a new baby girl 5weeks now, and yes the second one does destroy you. I know I haven't been on much to keep the Case guys in check but I hope you all been holding your own.
Cheers guys, thanks for the help, I need it.