Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-23-2002, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Member

EXMARK vs CUB CADET

Thanks for all the feedback.I had my mind made up going with the Exmark. Its just that the dealer i have been doing business with sells cub and iam going with a different dealer that happens to sell exmark.The dealer that sells cub has just been bashing exmark telling me the cub will out perform the exmark which i dont think so.I demo a exmark for 2 days last year and loved it.again thanks for info.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

sounds to me like the cub dealer just is trying to get another sale. from what ive heard, the cub is the same as the lesco and mtd, and i havent heard much good on those machines. you definately made the right choice. this is my second year with my 60 inch lazer and i love it.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, you have made the right choice.

Your Cub dealer is full of it.

Why would Exmark be a leading manufacturer in the commercial lawn equipment field (1000's out there everyday) and you hardly ever (and never around here) see a Cub 'tank' ZTR on a professional LCO's rig. There is a reason for that.

I use a Lazer Z (23 Kawi w/ 60" Ultra-Cut deck). Only 460 hours to date but absolutely NO problems...and stripes beautifully. Best money I've ever spent.

Also, dealer AND factory support are SUPERB. Got a question about your Exmark? Just go post on the Exmark forum (here at wonderful Lawnsite.com) and see how fast you get an answer from an experienced Exmark tech support person or from several of HUNDREDS fellow Exmark owners who frequent this site. Can that be said about Cub Cadet???

You cannot go wrong with an Exmark!

I am currently restoring a 1978 Cub Cadet 1000 (International Harvester) w/R44 mower deck, which was given to me by a customer. It is a GREAT little tractor and I can't bash the old I.H. Cub stuff...but in todays world the Exmark is FAR superior to the MTD/Cub Cadet offerings.

You will LOVE your Exmark! For sure!
Old 04-23-2002, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Member

NO BRAINER!
14ft Trailer
Ryan Lawnaire
Old 04-23-2002, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you had the tank, you could blast the lowballers attacking you. :blob4: :blob3: