Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-15-2009, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A few more adjustments and I should be good to go.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey thanks for checking out my thread. But your equipment blows mine away.
You stole that truck for $12K with those miles.
Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.M.Landscaping View Post
But your equipment blows mine away.
Your crazy! But thank you. More and more I am liking the older models like yours. It's just hard to find someone who takes as good a care as you do. Check back soon and I will have some of the leaf jobs I have lined up. Thanks again!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How does your tranny like that blower on front blockin the air flow?
Old 10-16-2009, 03:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGLandscapeMaintenance View Post
How does your tranny like that blower on front blockin the air flow?
lol, to be determined. That was, is a concern. I will be monitoring the temp guage closely. Since the installation it has rained so I haven't been able to judge that yet. Hopefully all will go well. Either way, I'll post results here.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol. I know of a guy who mounted his cooler to the front of his dmax for a cross country trip pulling his camper. Needless to say, his tranny did not like that lol. I have no idea why he put the cooler there rather than just in the camper or bed of the truck?
Old 10-16-2009, 03:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Have you ever heard of any problems with the front mount? I'm wondering what I can do to supplement the lost air.

Do you race? My brother races Hare scrambles (sp.?) all over the east coast. That is a tough sport.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen other guys on this site that have that set up. I don't know anyone personally that has that, I know some guys that mount it to the hitch of their trailer, that seems to work pretty well.

Yeah, I race motocross. Different than Harescrambles. Harescrambles start like a motocross race, all bikes go at the same time, but race through woods like an Enduro and some have parts of the 15-30+ mile track on a motocross track. Those results are based on time. Motocross, the gate drops and we all go and it's on a track, depending what type of racing you're doing, motocross will be anywhere from .5 mile to 1.5+ miles in length and go across many types of terrain. Supercross, small tracks, topping out at a mile in length, are held in arenas, county fair grandstands or stadiums or things of that nature. All scored by result to the finish line. And yes it is very physically demanding. Some people think otherwise and it is very frustrating trying to prove it to those idiots. Motocross, as with all motor sports, are very costly. Imagine running another mowing crew with bikes costing $7000 brand new and all the maintenance and riding gear plus diesel truck and toy hauler, but no income and instead of getting paid $30 for a yard, thats 1 entry fee for 1 class at a race.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Front mount loader is illegal in CT. Chances are no one will bug you about it, but you never know. Just wanted to give you a heads up. When I purchased my loader and swing mount last year we were having a talk about it at Lesco and the gentleman working there said that DOT has been cracking down on it lately.
Tons of other stuff
Old 10-16-2009, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you very much for the heads up. Actually, it is not yet illegal. I checked with D.O.T personally, but it is something that they are considering. Was it Ken from Ledyard Lesco? The ones I see around here with the front mount drive around with the loader fully assembled. I plan on breaking it down so that it looks just the way it does now with the bag on it. This allows full view without obstruction. I wouldn't have all the hoses connected while in transit.
Posted via Mobile Device