Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-16-2009, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey lr your equitment looks great love the mowers and leaf box/setup everything looks great wish i could find a truck like that for that deal. i am debating on an exmark 36in tthp or a ferris 36 not to sure yet on what to do.
But everything you have looks great.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpeg lawn maintenance View Post
Hey lr your equitment looks great love the mowers and leaf box/setup everything looks great wish i could find a truck like that for that deal. i am debating on an exmark 36in tthp or a ferris 36 not to sure yet on what to do.
But everything you have looks great.
Thanks Jpeg, I appreciate that. There's nothing you can't obtain with hard work and determination. You can find a truck like mine, I found it on CraigsList locally after searching for months, I'm in CT and was about to fly to Florida for one I found on CL when I just happened to see the one I bought here. You just have to be patient and keep looking. As a matter of fact, I bought my WB on CL and found my trailer in Delaware on CL. It takes time to piece it together but eventually it will. As far as your mower, think of which one you really really want, and if it is within your budget, get it, if not, get one that is, make and save money with the mower you have, and if business warrants it, get the one you really really wanted. In all honesty, I got lucky with the Island job I've mentioned, it catapulted me to where I am today. I am very fortunate and I allocated the funds properly. Take pride in your work and a great opportunity will come your way too. Good Luck
Old 10-16-2009, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ah, I just checked out your profile and saw some of your work and it show's that you take pride in your work. Good job. Post more as you go.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGLandscapeMaintenance View Post
I've seen other guys on this site that have that set up. I don't know anyone personally that has that, I know some guys that mount it to the hitch of their trailer, that seems to work pretty well.

Yeah, I race motocross. Different than Harescrambles. Harescrambles start like a motocross race, all bikes go at the same time, but race through woods like an Enduro and some have parts of the 15-30+ mile track on a motocross track. Those results are based on time. Motocross, the gate drops and we all go and it's on a track, depending what type of racing you're doing, motocross will be anywhere from .5 mile to 1.5+ miles in length and go across many types of terrain. Supercross, small tracks, topping out at a mile in length, are held in arenas, county fair grandstands or stadiums or things of that nature. All scored by result to the finish line. And yes it is very physically demanding. Some people think otherwise and it is very frustrating trying to prove it to those idiots. Motocross, as with all motor sports, are very costly. Imagine running another mowing crew with bikes costing $7000 brand new and all the maintenance and riding gear plus diesel truck and toy hauler, but no income and instead of getting paid $30 for a yard, thats 1 entry fee for 1 class at a race.
If they only knew how tough it is trying to hang onto something trying to throw you. lol That sport is insane. I sponsor my brother during his season and have to buy him a new rear tire every race, so I kinda know what you mean by the expense, but only for ONE tire and occasionally his entry fee. It's cool though, he's a good kid(man now) and growing up it kept him out of trouble unlike me. I tell you what, theres nothing like a start of a race, complete chaos, when that gate drops and forget about that first bottlenecked corner. lol Rediculous man.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

marcus im sorry i didnt call you sunday,i spent most of the afternoon at the clinic getting
rust removed from left eye.early sunday i started to remove the bumper to install the front mount for my leaf vac and i got some rust sneak by my safety glasses . your new box looks good btw.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M RASCOE&SONS View Post
marcus im sorry i didnt call you sunday,i spent most of the afternoon at the clinic getting
rust removed from left eye.early sunday i started to remove the bumper to install the front mount for my leaf vac and i got some rust sneak by my safety glasses . your new box looks good btw.
No problem man, get better. I did the same thing when I was chipping away at the rust on my Ford with a needle gun. It sucks. If you need any help getting ready let me know. If the loader is too heavy to lift I have a fork lift you can use. Call me at your convenience. I hope everything turns out well with your eye.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
Thanks Jpeg, I appreciate that. There's nothing you can't obtain with hard work and determination. You can find a truck like mine, I found it on CraigsList locally after searching for months, I'm in CT and was about to fly to Florida for one I found on CL when I just happened to see the one I bought here. You just have to be patient and keep looking. As a matter of fact, I bought my WB on CL and found my trailer in Delaware on CL. It takes time to piece it together but eventually it will. As far as your mower, think of which one you really really want, and if it is within your budget, get it, if not, get one that is, make and save money with the mower you have, and if business warrants it, get the one you really really wanted. In all honesty, I got lucky with the Island job I've mentioned, it catapulted me to where I am today. I am very fortunate and I allocated the funds properly. Take pride in your work and a great opportunity will come your way too. Good Luck
Thanks for the comment Lr i have been mowing for around 4 years but have been in buisness with a company name and commercial equitment for a year i just got out of highschool this past year so i am working on it. I have the buisness end of it setup now just trying to get a customer base which is the hardsest part i think. Next year i am going to post alot of lawns and see what happens i am going to dor hang in hopes of 30+ customers i have 12 right now but now its a game of seek or wait to be seeked lol. But thank you for the advice. do you bag all your lawns ?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpeg lawn maintenance View Post
Thanks for the comment Lr i have been mowing for around 4 years but have been in buisness with a company name and commercial equitment for a year i just got out of highschool this past year so i am working on it. I have the buisness end of it setup now just trying to get a customer base which is the hardsest part i think. Next year i am going to post alot of lawns and see what happens i am going to dor hang in hopes of 30+ customers i have 12 right now but now its a game of seek or wait to be seeked lol. But thank you for the advice. do you bag all your lawns ?
Sorry for the late reply jpeg, but I lose this thread all the time and don't usually find it until I have something new to post. Again, my apologies!
I have always been told, you get out of it (regardless of what it may be) what you put into it. If you do what you say then you should do just fine and get that 30 count in no time. Just keep it up and don't get discouraged. Do a great job, take pride and you will become the one being seeked. Already, I have been approached by neighbors with current contracts seeking me to do to their lawn that I have done to their neighbors once their contract runs out. But then again, I don't have GoldPro to keep up or contend with. As far as bagging, I have really good accounts that I truly appreciate. They thank me, they pay in a timely manner, they give me work and I charge a good amount. With that said, I do whatever it takes to make the lawns look its best and if I feel as if it needs to be bagged then I do. If I feel as if something will look better with a little extra work or effort then I do what needs to be done. That's my work ethic, and it does not go unnoticed.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The other day..............
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2009, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The owners of the last photos were awesome. An old couple. They brought us out coffee and hot chocolate and then she made us grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. Cute couple loving the fact that they had company. The old man is about 70 something and all he wanted to do was help. He said he had never seen such equipment to do yard work and he usually does it with a rake. He's like, " you did in three hours what takes me three weeks". lol Good times!