Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-18-2009, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mission Statement

Just what it is.

Who has one and what is it for your biz ??

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I switch between "It's not the equipment that makes a professional, it's the operator" and my personal favorite "NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!!"

'99 Dodge Ram 2500 reg cab long bed
'91 JD Lx172 38"/ bagger
'11 JD X300 48"
22'' '66 Western Auto Wizard
21"push mower/w bagger
Stihl KM 90 w/trimmer,tiller, and hedge trimmer
Husquvarna BT130
MTD 3.5 HP edger
AgraFab 17 cb ft trailer
Precise-Fit Areator
Random dethacher
Precise-Fit lawn sweeper

"Never Give Up! Never Surrender!"
Old 08-18-2009, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My mission statement has always been to under-bid and lowball every job we are offered.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well, Mine is,

" White Gardens is a dedication of quality and value in the Landscaping industry. "

Old 08-18-2009, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I never really had one..... never found it to be important. But that is JMO.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's one of the most import parts of any business plan that you would take to a bank, or any other investor.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Agreed. It is a very important part of your business plan. Although I'm sure most around here dont have one of them either. It is your promise to the customer about your service.

Our Mission

Our staff promises to provide each client with a fair and honest business relationship. Our staff is constantly trained on current industry practices and promises to deliver modern techniques to protect your property investment.

Quality is what great businesses are built on, and at (our company) our goal is to provide each client with a service that is done right the first time, every time. This not only provides immediate satisfaction but also ensures that your investment will function as it was designed for many years to come.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Those are not mission statements they are tag lines or positioning statements.

Here is my mission statement

Our clients have high standards, we must consistently exceed their expectations. When they arrive home they should feel relaxed with their garden surroundings. Price is a factor but quality and reliability are priorities. We must be consistently evaluating and improving our systems to ensure we are delivering both quality and value. Our clients must feel safe and at ease with all of our team members around their children, pets and home. In conclusion our clients expect us to listen to their needs, take responsibility for their garden and be flexible and accommodating to their needs.

I will pull out my e myth material tomorrow an see what it says about mission statements it is at the office and I am not.
Shovelracer got in ahead of me and has a good description of a mission statment and a good mission statement.

“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.”
Old 08-18-2009, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

"Hickory Leaf Landscape is dedicated to transforming God's creation into beauty in the eye of the customer. We will build a strong relationship between customer, company, and suppliers."

Still needs some work, but it's coming along.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 08-18-2009, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I thought you meant to show your customers. I can tell someone my mission statement is " I want your lawn to be greenest." But until I actually do it, it doesn't mean much. I let my customers know we will do our best to make sure your property looks its best. But I don't have an official mission statement. Obviously everyone of us wants our customer's properties to look their best. A mission statement isn't going to do that. Our work is going to do that.

As for bringing your business to an investor, a mission statement is necessary for them to gain confidence in your business. That is looking at it from a different standpoint though. If I am going to give someone my hard earned money, I want to make sure they are serious about what I am investing in. If I'm investing in a hair salon, I expect the owner's mission statement to state they plan to do whatever it takes to keep their and now my business profitable.

Again. JMO. To each their own.