Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-25-2009, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Member

How do you like your Blackberry?

I'm considering getting a Blackberry phone. If you own one, can you tell me how you like it?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like my BB Curve, I just hate my Nextel service. I found an Otter Box for it and I keep it on my phone now so I don't have to worry about damaging the phone as much anymore while working.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS View Post
I like my BB Curve, I just hate my Nextel service. I found an Otter Box for it and I keep it on my phone now so I don't have to worry about damaging the phone as much anymore while working.
Love mine hate nextel......what outer box did you get for yours...i got one from sprint and a cant hear with it on and everyone i spoke to said there was an echo

2008 F-350
2007 Freightliner Sport Chassis
JD 5603 Tractor (Cab&Air)
JD HX15 Batwing
JD MX8 Rotary Cutter
20x8.5 Enclosed Trailer
Kubota ZD25
Kubota ZD21
Kubota RTV 900
Bobcat S 185
Artic Cat 650 H1
Stihl Trimmers etc
Old 08-25-2009, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I loved my palm centrino, until I bought a BB curve. It makes the palm feel like a childs toy. Last time I was at wal-mart they had one for, this is not a typo, 8.88.

You had to sign or renew a 2 year agreement with verizon.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-25-2009, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a BB Curve with verizon wireless. I love the BB and don't think I will ever go back!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-25-2009, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Member

I liked it for a while, but I just got a zii egg. The BB doesn't even compare even after being a hard core crackberry(er?) for a couple of years. I gave it to my mom and she likes it and after getting used to my new phone I find the bb difficult to navigate and operate in general. I tried iPhone for a while but I didn't really like it that much and I heard horror stories about dealing w/ them and ATT so I'm glad I didn't keep it. Some of the things I like about the zii are a)has 64Gigs of memory b). outputs 1080p video c). no service restrictions... I can connect it to att, verizon, sprint whoever and it has wifi/bluetooth built in which I really only use the wifi connection. d) it's easy to operate and makes sense e). has tons of apps and really good browser support Some things I don't like about it: a) it cost $400 but it's not a contract phone b). It's android so some of the applications are still beta and act a little weird sometimes.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skennedy04 View Post
Love mine hate nextel......what outer box did you get for yours...i got one from sprint and a cant hear with it on and everyone i spoke to said there was an echo
I guess it is called the defender by Otterbox: http://www.otterbox.com/blackberry-c...-defender-case

I had been looking for one since I got the Curve and during a recent trip I found a store in the Atlanta airport that had one. It is a double edged sword from the standpoint of a what cost is worth it to have your phone protected? I can hear people just fine on it but I have more then a few complain about the clarity of my voice. But then again I think the Nextel service just makes it that much worse. I really wish they could do the same service plan as my other Renegade phones have: Sprint cell service w/ Nextel direct connect. That would be ideal from my standpoint.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Sounds like the Blackberry wins hands down! Thanks everyone!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Very happy with the Blackberry 8900. Had it for 5 months and don't know why I had waited so long. Suring the workday you have access to anything your customers / suppliers send you, and don't need to get back to the office to view it.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

For you that have Blackberry phones, do you keep it with you on person, or leave it in your truck when you work?

I too am considering an upgrade from my flip-phone, but believe the Blackberry is too big to carry with me. I keep my flip-phone in my breast pocket on my shirt. I've tried a case clipped to my belt, but it just keeps getting in the way. It sticks out too far.

I would prefer to carry on person, but may have to resort to keeping in the briefcase, ... if I go with Blackberry. I want the larger screen for weather maps, and perhaps a scheduler. But, all the other stuff -- don't care. I have delayed a long time and am frustrated with my present one. It is four years old, and has a very hard time processing the Mobile Web (Verizon service). Sometimes the maps come up, but most times they do not.