Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2009, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane100 View Post
First Post! I've been visiting/researching on Lawnsite for some time now but never posted.

I'm pretty sure this is a no brainer, but thought others might want to know the money that can be saved by buying at the right time. Ok, I'm just bragging but none of my none LCO friends care at all. In fact they think I'm crazy for spending $7699 for a mower. LOL.

New 09 Ferris IS2000
61" Deck (Older style)
30hp Vanguard
Michigan Suspension Seat
Extra set of Blades
Only $7699 + $50 for delivery.

Cheaper to have it delivered because of City Taxes (saved $130). Made for a long weekend though. I bought it on Friday and had to wait for them to deliver on Monday. It rides like a dream even in very rough terrain.
Good mower, good price, excellent engine. I don't know about the deck you are speaking of, but the new 72" deck on a Ferris IS3100 cut equal to any on the market, no scalping with a smooth cut. I know a farmer that just bought his second Ferris 3100 (one for his daughter that lives next door), and the whole family bleeds JD green.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
As far as the Ferris that you bought, for that price, is a steal. Good buy! Enjoy your 4 wheel independant suspension. Make sure you tweak the suspension to fit your weight to get the most of it. Check out my post in the "videos, photos" section, I have a few lawns posted on there that I mowed with my Ferris. Been looking for some of Ravens to compare.
LR3, I had already looked at your photos and they look great! Actually I viewed them just before purchasing the IS2000 and are one of the reasons I decided to go with Ferris. I also have a local friend who runs mostly Ferris. He was the one who originally (labor day weekend) said I should go with them and then started my compulsive research. lol
Old 08-27-2009, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great mower, congrats! Even better that you have a friend who runs the same make of machines. He will be able to help if ever in need. Maintain it as the manual states. Run sharp blades, clean below the deck weekly and since you don't have the bagger yet, consider some gators. If you get the gators, be sure to sharpen them before installing, the factory sharpening and the protective paint makes for a bad cut. Good luck!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-11-2009, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Doah! I went in to my dealer again today and they had marked down the other mower that I was considering.

IS2000
34hp Kawi
New scag like 61" Deck
Suspension Seat
$7999

I think I would of been willing to pay the difference for the new deck and added HP.
Oh well, truth is I'm really very happy with my New Mower and have not had any issues with the cut quality.

I have a house on my street that has been vacant for 7+ years. It had been an eye sore (yard and shrubs) since I've lived here. I recently made a deal with the owner to take care of the yard in exchange for the use of the drive way. I store my boat and an old beater there. Well yesterday the next door neighbor of the vancant came over to my house today with a plate of cookies and commented on how good the house has looked since I started taking care of it.

Tags
61" deck , best mower , ferris , is200 , ztr