Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-28-2009, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

'09 Walker 20hp

Thinking of selling our new Walker. 35 hours and most of it is travel time. Used on a large private estate. Just seems like it's too wet on this property and will likely buy another walkbehind. Anyone interested?
Old 08-30-2009, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well first I would suggest that you post all the details on the mower, such as model number, engine, deck size, any options etc.

Second I would get ready to take a big beating on the cost because with that few hours its brand new. If you cant beat the brand new price by a whole lot, then, most guys would rather just go buy brand new from a dealer and know everything has been done right from the get go, (Break in oil change, etc etc.) and order it up the way the want it. (Id want the 23hp)

Lastly, you really want to list it in the used equipment listing not in landscape maintenance where nobody will find it.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sooo...thats was quite a few words to say you werent interested.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not exactly. I thought I gave you some sound advice particularly about moving it to the appropriate forum.

And as far as taking the beating on price, if you were to say that you wanted $ 8 K for the mower then Id be very interested and would look past the 20 hp option, because Id be saving myself several thousand dollars.

However, if you say you want 10.5 for yours and I can get a brand new one with the bigger engine, proper break in care, dealer appreciation for 11 K then Ill spend the extra 500, and get the dealer to finance it rather then pull the money out of my cash flow.

Actually Im very interested in knowing what you have and what your asking for it, as I am in the market for a new walker, just waiting on some money to come in and hoping to nurse my old girl thru the rest of this season.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Its an '09 20hp with a 42" deck. The oil and filter were changed at 5 hrs and 25 hrs as well as re greased (carefully) at 25 hrs. I have a complete maintence facitlity on the property and have operated various walkers for almost 20 years. I bought the 20 hp because the larger mowers are usually overkill in most situations. It will cut through anything up to about 12 inches without having to slow down too much. I have not overcleaned it either. It gets a wipe down and blow off after each use. I'm not sure what it should sell for as I dont NEED to get any specific amount. I posted here because I have not commited to selling it and merely wanted to see if there was interest and at what price so I can budget the dollars toward other more usefull equpiment.